introduction from a new lurker

Old August 11th 03, 07:42 PM
Steve Joyce

Although not the official Welcome Wagon of RCC, welcome anyway!! Sounds
to me like you have a good plan by reading more about the subject at
hand. I'm sure many here will tell you to do just that. Also, feel free
to ask questions of the group. There are many experts here and they
share information freely. Thanks for de-lurking.

Steve

Old August 11th 03, 08:26 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
link.net
Just want to introduce myself, cuz lurking without speaking
seems.......well - rude! I want to read for awhile and begin to
learn what I can about coins. I just inherited some old coins from
my Mother, very recently deceased. I want to learn so I can
eventually sell them, so everybody - keep talking!
Thanks,

Karen,
making cents in IL

Another young lady, good. Company for Chrysta, Doris, Anka, et al.
Welcome. I hope you will be active in the group and learn a lot. I trust
you will be less controversial than the last young lady to appear here. :-)
As a group, we tend to be friendly and helpful. Don't hesitate to ask
specific coin related questions.

BTW, wonder how close you are to Stujoe or one of the other regulars here
from IL?

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old August 11th 03, 11:58 PM
Art O'Connell

Welcome. I lurked for a while when I first found this group. It's a good way
to get your feet wet.

OK I'll ask --- what does Queen of Squishies mean? Anything to do with
elongated coins?

Art

Old August 12th 03, 12:55 AM
Queen of Squishies

Thanks for the unofficial but warm welcome! I'm glad you think this is a
good plan. I don't know the first thing about coins, so reading seemed the
right thing. Any informational web sites?

Karen,
making cents in IL

Old August 12th 03, 12:57 AM
Queen of Squishies

Thank you for your condolences. I'm sure I'll be asking some questions
later on. Right now I don't even know enough to know what to ask! Ha!

Karen,
making cents in IL

Old August 12th 03, 12:59 AM
Queen of Squishies

I will try not to be any more controversial than my usual cantankerous self
and not so humble opinions demand. (grin) Don't know how close I am to
Stujoe. I live in the cornfields of Cental Illinois.

Karen,
making cents in IL

Old August 12th 03, 12:59 AM
Queen of Squishies

No cousin named Linda. Can I stay?

Karen,
making cents in IL

Old August 12th 03, 02:01 AM
mark

From: "Queen of Squishies"

Any informational web sites?

Welcome!

You can start he

http://www.telesphere.com/index.html

Chuck hosts the FAQ for the group, and has a lot of other good information
besides.

If you have anything British, you'll want to check Tony Clayton's website:

http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/

There's the US Mint's site:

http://www.usmint.gov/index.cfm?flash=no

And the Bureau of Engraving and Printing if you have any paper money:

http://www.usmint.gov/index.cfm?flash=no

The American Numismatic Association has published a list of well-know replica
paper money:

http://www.money.org/replicas.html

Byron Reed as a very informative page on early US coins:

http://www.byronreed.com/BCTC/

Once you figure out what you have, we can give you even more web sites specific
to your coins and questions.

Have fun, hope this helps.

--
mark
Old August 12th 03, 02:15 AM
phil small p

"Art O'Connell" wrote in message hlink.net...
Welcome. I lurked for a while when I first found this group. It's a good way
to get your feet wet.

OK I'll ask --- what does Queen of Squishies mean? Anything to do with
elongated coins?

Art

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
link.net...
Just want to introduce myself, cuz lurking without speaking
seems.......well - rude! I want to read for awhile and begin to learn

what
I can about coins. I just inherited some old coins from my Mother, very
recently deceased. I want to learn so I can eventually sell them, so
everybody - keep talking!
Thanks,

Karen,
making cents in IL

This could be a good lead-in to a guessing game-I'll go out on a limb
and say it comes from the Simpsons-Apu sells sqishies in his
quik-e-mart.
Welcome to RCC-
phil
(Apu to customers in the episode about the hurricane,with Indian
accent-
(You will all have the opportunity to be gouged!)
Or was it Robert Chambers?