Help with 1926 Aussie Gold Sovereign

Old November 8th 04, 10:57 PM
Ian

Max Power wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

While you are on a roll... what about a Half Sovereign: 1892 Victoria
Shield-Jubilee head type. Guide says these are either "S" or "M"
mintmarks - but mine definitely has NO mint mark!

MP

1892 without a mint mark = London,UK mint. There were 13,680,000 of the
little blighters made in London that year. Value ranges from bullion to
roughly $150 if in pristine condition.

Ian

Thanks again. My problem is although my Renniks Guide is very good with the
Australian coin valuations, it doesn't mention there are other varieties of
these coins.

For a younger person like myself not fully conversant with all the history
and not knowing that the Empire countries shared their currency back then,
it was a bit confusing until I realised we all shared the same money... and
these were simply foreign versions of the same coin but not mentioned in the
guide.

I've learned a lot - not exactly greatest news on the valuations, but at
least now I know... Thanks for your help!

You're welcome. I'm glad to have been of some assistance.
Old April 8th 13, 01:37 AM
KingAmund KingAmund is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Max Power wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

[...]

I have a similar question. I came across a gold sovereign minted in 1926. There is a mark at the base of the horse that says "M.P". Does anyone have a clue about what the country is that minted it?