Australia King George V Question

Old December 17th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Carl Anderson

Default Australia King George V Question

Happy Holidays All,
I am trying to use my Scott catalog (2004) to differentiate between the
different Australian King George V issues, 1914-1936. What I have found for
several of them is that I seem to have watermark and perf combinations not
listed. For example:
Scott 19 is the 1/2p Emerald issue Watermark 9(Wide Crown Narrow A) Perf. 14
Scott 60 is the 1/2p Emerald issue Watermark 11(Multiple Crown and A) Perf.
14, 14 1/2, 14 1/2 x 14.
I seem to have either a Scott 19 with a 14 1/2 x 14 perf. or a Scott 60
with a Watermark 9. Do either or both exist?
I am guessing that Scott is not the definitive resource for any country,
but I wanted to check to see if I am missing something. Also, aside from
buying more resource material can anyone suggest internet sites that can
assist me as I try to distinguish between various issues like this?

Thank you in advance,

Carl Anderson
Phx AZ

Old December 17th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 17 Dec, 20:47, "Carl Anderson" wrote:
[...]

A useful cross-reference of early Australians will be found at
http://web.archive.org/web/200202030...lia/index.html
(the original site seems to have gone away -- this is the Wayback
Machine archive which is missing a few pictures, but the text is
there.) The SG numbers given there don't match my edition of the cat
and I don't see a 14 1/2 x 14 there or in SG Commonwealth 2002, but SG
say the exact perf for the 1914-20 set was 14 1/4 x 14 or 14.2 x 14.

E-mail me if you'd like scans of the SG pages, which have loadsa
varieties, but be warned that the JPEGs are rather big.

Chris
Old December 18th 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Dec 18, 6:47 am, "Carl Anderson" wrote:
[...]

According to Gibbons Part 1 2007, the 1/2 penny green exists on the
second watermark (narrow crown (pointed tops to the crown)/narrow A)
in perf 14.25x14 (SG20), a very rare line perf 14.25 on the same
watermark (SG20a), and on the multiple crown A watermark perf 14
(SG48). There are shades and watermark and plate errors (with the
watermark sideways and sideways inverted on SG48 being very tasty
items indeed).

Tony Mac Gillycuddy