FA: 1928 $1.00 Red Seal US Note - graded and certified CGA-65 Gem 1open, NR!

Old March 30th 04, 04:23 AM
Jon L.

Default FA: 1928 $1.00 Red Seal US Note - graded and certified CGA-65 Gem 1open, NR!

1928 $1.00 Red Seal US Note - graded and certified CGA-65 Gem

True auction, $1 open, No Reserve! Thanks for looking!

Old March 30th 04, 07:33 AM
Winde Walker

Jon L. wrote:

1928 $1.00 Red Seal US Note - graded and certified CGA-65 Gem

True auction, $1 open, No Reserve! Thanks for looking!

Now THAT is one gorgeous rag dollar!

Winde
'don't collect them but that tempted me'
Old March 30th 04, 11:29 AM
note.boy

Aaaaagggggg! The ULTIMATE horror, a slabbed note, a crime.

A photo copy would be just as good as a slabbed note. Billy

Old March 30th 04, 03:17 PM
Jerry Dennis

I'm with you, Winde. I don't collect notes, but I have a soft spot for U.S.
Notes.

$151.50 with 6-1/2 days to go. Wish I could afford it.

Jerry
Being poor sucks. :-(

"Winde Walker" comments:

Old March 30th 04, 07:00 PM
The Silver Jar...

"note.boy" wrote in message ...
Aaaaagggggg! The ULTIMATE horror, a slabbed note, a crime.

A photo copy would be just as good as a slabbed note. Billy

They slab notes now? Since when...

Sylvester.
Old March 31st 04, 01:01 AM
Coin Saver

From: aristocracism

They slab notes now? Since when...

In comparison to the slabbing of coins, "encasing" Notes is relatively a newer
thing, perhaps as long as a year ago? When it started, seemingly no one was
interested; it's still got a long way to go before it's popular / accepted by
the majority of collectors.

Personally, I haven't made up my mind yet about that process.

-Tim

Coin Saver
Old March 31st 04, 05:22 PM
note.boy

Yes I can understand you find it hard to believe but it's true.

An overgraded slabbed note would be almost impossible to detect making
it very good news for sellers but very bad news for buyers. Billy

Old April 4th 04, 01:01 PM
The Silver Jar...

"note.boy" wrote in message ...
Yes I can understand you find it hard to believe but it's true.

An overgraded slabbed note would be almost impossible to detect making
it very good news for sellers but very bad news for buyers. Billy

I think this slabbing thing is getting way out of proportion... i can
just see it in 20 years time they're going to be slabbing slabs!

"Look what i bought today an original PCGS slab! first edition, and it
would be worth more if there was still a coin in it! SGSC (Slab
grading and slabing Company) says it's a VF25 Slab, would have been
better without the corner clipped off, and the fact that someone's
tried to repair the PCGS slab is awful, it should have been left in
its original broken condition!"

What is the world coming to?

Sylvester.