An interesting condition of sale (eBay auction)

Old October 11th 03, 06:44 PM
Dale Hallmark

Default An interesting condition of sale (eBay auction)

This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

From the sellers description :
((((((If you are interested in purchasing this medal or any other in the
group of "my medals" please bid what is a fair price for them and if I have
determined that the final value price is within 2/3s of what the true value
is I will sell them. If the final value is less then that amount it is not
my intent, nor will I sell them at that price but reoffer them for sale at a
future date.)))))))))

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dale
I never used that option in an auction :-)

--
.................................................. .....
Bored?.... Check out my web site!:

Old October 11th 03, 07:07 PM
JSTONE9352

This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

I think the terms of sale violate ebays rules. If I understand it right they
won't
sell the medals unless they bring what
they think are 2/3 of what the value should be. They also say they have no
idea what the value should be and if you
have any idea please let them know.

If it is up for auction on ebay it should
sell for whatever the final price is (no reserve is put on these).

The seller just seems rather confused
about the process.
Old October 11th 03, 07:30 PM
Bill Krummel

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall.Not this wrote in message
This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

From the sellers description :
((((((If you are interested in purchasing this medal or any other in the
group of "my medals" please bid what is a fair price for them and if I

have
determined that the final value price is within 2/3s of what the true

value
is I will sell them. If the final value is less then that amount it is not
my intent, nor will I sell them at that price but reoffer them for sale at

future date.)))))))))

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dale
I never used that option in an auction :-)

Those terms are so full of holes, it's not worth the time to take the seller
on in debate. How can anyone say they don't know the value but will break
eBay rules (well, not exactly the way he said it, but same thing) if the
final bid is not within 2/3rds of fmv. I think his terms are pathetic, as
well as indefensible. He needs to set a minimum he can live with, then hope
the market pushes the final bid up from there. Bill

Old October 11th 03, 07:35 PM
Art O'Connell

I would never bid on an auction with terms similar to those. The seller
appears to want the best of everything with no risk but does not want to set
a minimum or reserve. Makes no sense.

--
God Bless!
Art

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall.Not this wrote in message
This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

From the sellers description :
((((((If you are interested in purchasing this medal or any other in the
group of "my medals" please bid what is a fair price for them and if I

have
determined that the final value price is within 2/3s of what the true

value
is I will sell them. If the final value is less then that amount it is not
my intent, nor will I sell them at that price but reoffer them for sale at

future date.)))))))))

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dale
I never used that option in an auction :-)

--
.................................................. ....
Bored?.... Check out my web site!:
Any comments or corrections welcome!
http://www.austriancoins.com

---

Old October 11th 03, 09:50 PM
Fred

Email the seller and tell him that it's the only one ever to be minted and
they have been searching for it for three score after it was stolen from a
museum!!! Go on to tell him that it is priceless!!

That should ruffle his feathers!! LOL

Fred
"hates jerk sellers"

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall.Not this wrote in message
This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

From the sellers description :

Old October 12th 03, 02:43 AM
David

"Art O'Connell" wrote in message thlink.net...
I would never bid on an auction with terms similar to those. The seller
appears to want the best of everything with no risk but does not want to set
a minimum or reserve. Makes no sense.

--
God Bless!
Art

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall.Not this wrote in message
This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3052698238

From the sellers description :
((((((If you are interested in purchasing this medal or any other in the
group of "my medals" please bid what is a fair price for them and if I

have
determined that the final value price is within 2/3s of what the true

value
is I will sell them. If the final value is less then that amount it is not
my intent, nor will I sell them at that price but reoffer them for sale at

future date.)))))))))

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dale
I never used that option in an auction :-)

--
.................................................. ....
Bored?.... Check out my web site!:
Any comments or corrections welcome!
http://www.austriancoins.com

---

Appears to be the sellers way of holding a reserve auction without
paying the fees for it.

David
Old October 12th 03, 02:54 PM
Bernhard Rich

so what he is saying is ; I will only sell these if the bid is to my
liking'. Wouldn't it just be easier to set a 'reserve price'?

Old October 12th 03, 03:31 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Bernhard Rich" wrote in message
so what he is saying is ; I will only sell these if the bid is to my
liking'. Wouldn't it just be easier to set a 'reserve price'?

Nah!! That is too easy! ;-)

Dale

/--------------------------\
my website:
http://www.austriancoins.com

Old October 12th 03, 04:40 PM
Bob Peterson

maybe he is trying to save on reserve price fees.

Old October 12th 03, 04:57 PM
Larry Louks

Dale Hallmark wrote:
This eBay auction has an interesting condition of sale.

Well, heck. I decided to drop the seller a note and see if he replies.

--------------------
"I note in your auction that you state -- "If you are interested in
purchasing
this medal or any other in the group of "my medals" please bid what is a
fair
price for them and if I have determined that the final value price is within
2/3s of what the true value is I will sell them. If the final value is less
then
that amount it is not my intent, nor will I sell them at that price but
reoffer
them for sale at a future date."

I'm curious as to how you are going to settle on a figure to use for the
"2/3s
of what the true value is", since you earlier state that you have no idea
what
that value is.

It looks to me like you are reserving the right to reject any and all bids,
yet
you have no reserve set, no minimum starting bid, and thus you are unwilling
incur any risk whatsoever. Why would you not set a minimum bid price that
you
would be happy with, rather than do what you are doing?

It is my opinion that your ad is a blatant violation of eBay's rules."

Larry