Oh, good grief

Old July 10th 03, 07:26 PM
Bill Krummel

Default Oh, good grief

While off line, I recorded info about coin purchases I have made the last
several weeks. I record all pertinent info and describe the type of holder
the coin is in. If the coin is holdered in a 2X2, I assign a letter code to
it and type the code into the spreadsheet and write on the holder the
letter/s. The last item, I entered into my spreadsheet, I assigned NY and
picked the coin up to write NY on the holder. The first thing I see is two
letters already on the holder, HL. A quick check shows that I originally
purchased this coin for $2.15, including all expenses, sold the coin for $4
plus shipping, and now I have again bought the coin for $8.75, all expenses
included. How many thoughts are running through my mind right now? Let's
see......

Musical chairs

or, maybe it's Russian roulette

Dutch tulips

It's a nice coin. At least two people think so, anyway. Or, maybe at least
two people don't think so. Well, I think it is a nice coin, I just didn't
think it was a keeper. I'm keeping it now.

Don't buy from those to whom you sell. Nah, just pay more attention to what
I'm doing.

Inflation.

Hot market.

Senility.

What's the word I'm looking for? Lineage? No. Uh, what is it? Oh,
yeah,...pedigree.

I didn't pay any attention to when I first purchased the coin, although I
know it has been in the last two years. These last two transactions have
taken place in the last three months. On second thought, I am not going to
confess that. Anonymous

Old July 10th 03, 07:37 PM
Bob Flaminio

Bill Krummel wrote:
A quick check shows that I originally purchased this coin for
$2.15, including all expenses, sold the coin for $4 plus shipping,
and now I have again bought the coin for $8.75, all expenses
included. How many thoughts are running through my mind right now?

Look at it this way -- the first time you owned the coin, you nearly
doubled your money when you sold it. Now if you can only sell it again
for $16 or so, you'll be in Fat City...

--
Bob

Old July 10th 03, 07:42 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:26:10 -0500, "Bill Krummel" is
alleged to have written:

While off line, I recorded info about coin purchases I have made the last
several weeks. I record all pertinent info and describe the type of holder
the coin is in. If the coin is holdered in a 2X2, I assign a letter code to
it and type the code into the spreadsheet and write on the holder the
letter/s. The last item, I entered into my spreadsheet, I assigned NY and
picked the coin up to write NY on the holder. The first thing I see is two
letters already on the holder, HL. A quick check shows that I originally
purchased this coin for $2.15, including all expenses, sold the coin for $4
plus shipping, and now I have again bought the coin for $8.75, all expenses
included. How many thoughts are running through my mind right now? Let's
see......

Musical chairs

I did that once. Sold an Indian cent I'd graded PR63RB for a nice profit. Less
than a year later, I rebought the same coin in a PR65 RB slab. There was an odd
lintmark shaped kinda like a T with an S over top of it that confirmed it. All I
can say is, I guess I really did like the coin.

Bruce
Old July 10th 03, 07:54 PM
Bill Krummel

"Bob Flaminio" wrote in message
Bill Krummel wrote:
A quick check shows that I originally purchased this coin for
$2.15, including all expenses, sold the coin for $4 plus shipping,
and now I have again bought the coin for $8.75, all expenses
included. How many thoughts are running through my mind right now?

Look at it this way -- the first time you owned the coin, you nearly
doubled your money when you sold it. Now if you can only sell it again
for $16 or so, you'll be in Fat City...

--
Bob

I may not keep it. I am just now preparing 6 lots for the local monthly
coin club auction tonight, and I have five figured out, haven't decided on
the sixth. So, if I list my repurchased coin as the sixth item, I am
listing it with no minimums or reserves. I am willing to bet it will go for
less than $2, considering the series is not popular with the club members.
That's alright, I just don't want to buy it back in a few months. Hey, it
could happen. Bill

Old July 10th 03, 08:18 PM
Coin Saver

From: "Bob Flaminio"
you'll be in Fat City

New Orleans?
8-D

Coin Saver
Old July 11th 03, 06:26 AM
John Patrick

Just curious, what is the coin?

--
John Patrick -- N9OU
Team Saber Competitive Robotics

Old July 11th 03, 06:34 AM
Bill Krummel

"John Patrick" wrote in message
.com...
Just curious, what is the coin?

--
John Patrick -- N9OU
Team Saber Competitive Robotics

It's an Indian head cent, pre 1900s, high grade circulated. I do buy a lot
of IHCs. I wonder how many others I have owned more than once. I sold the
IHC tonight at the local coin club auction. No reserve, one member started
the bidding at $2, one other member bid $2.50, first member came back with
$2.75 and that was it. Bill