Another ebay horror story.

Old January 7th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default Another ebay horror story.

Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

His coin grading skills are also suspect. Billy

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/de.l...0.m14 &_pgn=6

Old January 8th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Mike Marotta

On Jan 7, 3:26*pm, "note.boy" wrote:
Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! How long has this been going on?

.... never mind...

Old January 8th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"Mike Marotta" wrote in message
On Jan 7, 3:26 pm, "note.boy" wrote:
Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! How long has this been going on?

.... never mind...

I know that you weren't looking for an answer but.............. ten years
ago there was very little in the way of ironed Scottish notes on ebay but
now it's very difficult to find notes that have not been "improved". Billy

Old January 9th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Matthew Brealey

On 7 Jan, 20:26, "note.boy" wrote:
Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

His coin grading skills are also suspect. *Billy

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/de.l...53A1301%257C66....

Can you explan to me how you spot that they are ironed?

Please pardon my ignorance.
Old January 9th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"Matthew Brealey" wrote in message
On 7 Jan, 20:26, "note.boy" wrote:
Scroll down a bit to see the largest number of ironed Scottish notes ever
offered by one seller simultaneously.

His coin grading skills are also suspect. Billy

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/de.l...53A1301%257C66...

Can you explan to me how you spot that they are ironed?

Please pardon my ignorance.

The notes look very flat and for any seller to have that number of "high
grade" Scottish notes of those vintages is literally too good to be true.

T Brown is indeed a hand signer of RBS notes and I have a suspicion that
when this note was cleaned the hand signature disappeared and the note has
been resigned, the signature looks wrong, in this condition this note has
zero collector value. I have a few notes hand signed by T Brown and none
look like this one.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...s=0,0&format=0

Can anyone believe that in 1927 this note was got from the bank in perfect
condition, totally wrinkle free, and since then it's been perfectly stored
and handled?

This is the condition that these notes are usually found in, and these three
will remain in this condition for as long as I own them, to me they are much
more attractive than a cleaned pancake of a note.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/4/5...15523545_o.jpg

To find them much better is very unusual unless they have been "improved".
Billy

Old January 11th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
rwalker

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 21:37:09 -0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

snip

This is the condition that these notes are usually found in, and these three
will remain in this condition for as long as I own them, to me they are much
more attractive than a cleaned pancake of a note.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/4/5...15523545_o.jpg

To find them much better is very unusual unless they have been "improved".
Billy

I had never really looked at Scottish notes before. Those are really
some attractive designs. I may have found another area in which to
collect.
Old January 11th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"rwalker" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 21:37:09 -0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

snip

This is the condition that these notes are usually found in, and these
three
will remain in this condition for as long as I own them, to me they are
much
more attractive than a cleaned pancake of a note.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/4/5...15523545_o.jpg

To find them much better is very unusual unless they have been "improved".
Billy

I had never really looked at Scottish notes before. Those are really
some attractive designs. I may have found another area in which to
collect.

The range of designs is enormous with so many banks issuing notes during the
20th century, having denominations from £1 to £100 also gives plenty to
choose from.

If you are going to buy off ebay be very careful, a 100% feedback does not
mean that a sellers does not sell treated notes. Billy

Old January 12th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
rwalker

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:12:47 -0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

snip

The range of designs is enormous with so many banks issuing notes during the
20th century, having denominations from £1 to £100 also gives plenty to
choose from.

If you are going to buy off ebay be very careful, a 100% feedback does not
mean that a sellers does not sell treated notes. Billy

Always good advice.