In person over the weekend

Old June 26th 06, 02:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default In person over the weekend

Fri. night we had a JazzFest after party where I work (Hampton Roads
Convention Center) that went till 3am. Someone told me a Pro Football
Player was in the crowd. So I went looking for him, it was Elton Brown
of the Arizona Cardinals. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and got
him to sign 3 index cards. Sat. night we again had a Jazzfest after
party.
Mr. Brown showed up again. I talked to him for a little while but
didn't get his autograph again as he seemed like he didn't want to be
bothered. Man is this guy big.

Sat. took the wife and my 3 sons and went to Stirling's Auto to get
Tully Blanchard and J.J. Dillon. The people at Stirling Auto said there
was a misprint in the paper and that they'd be there at 3pm. So we got
the FAKE Richard Petty and headed over to Pomoco Nissan to get Bill
Bates. We got there a little after 2pm. Mr. Bates finally showed up
around 315pm. He was very nice signed 2 items for everyone, posed for
pictures, and let my wife try on his Super Bowl ring. After we got done
with Mr. Bates we headed back over to Sterling Auto. We got there
around 330pm. Blanchard & Dillon weren't there yet. Two wrestlers named
Chills & Thrills were there. We got pictures they handed out signed.
The employees kept telling us Blancard & Dillon were on their way.
Around 4pm they had everyone get in a line in the waiting room
area--all 10 of us. Blanchard & Dillon finally showed up at 445pm. The
Employees then spent 15 minutes getting stuff signed and getting
pictures with them. Around 5pm we were finally allowed in, then the
employees told us to hurry up the wrestlers had to be at a match at 7pm
and that we were only allowed one autograph each. So we got the picture
they were handing out signed and went home.

Mike in Hampton Va.

Old June 26th 06, 04:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Wasn't that rained out? That's why we didn't go to the Doobie
Brothers concert. Congrats on the score!

Sounds like a long and cool weekend. We accidentally missed the BBQ
(we thought it was Sunday and it was Saturday lol) and missed the
concert because of the rain, so I didn't do squat ... I forgot about
the signings at Pomoco!

So the fake Richard Petty was signing? What does he sign? Petty's
name?

Don't ya hate rushed signings? Glad you got one though!

Old June 26th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Mike-

Tully and J.J. didn't show up at the show until 7:00, with bell time at
8:00.

Thank goodness (bad to say) only a handful of kids got autographs from them.
The kids really didn't know who these guys were. Other than that-they signed
for an hour at the show, and both were super nice!

Tully is now an evangelist when not wrestling.

Happy Hunting-
pe2