(RCSD) 1937 Coronation - Commonwealth Omnibus - 202 stamps

Old August 9th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) 1937 Coronation - Commonwealth Omnibus - 202 stamps

Ralph:

Here is a checklist of the 1937 Coronation - Commonwealth Omnibus -
202 stamps

1937 ADEN (3)
1937 ANTIGUA (3)
1937 ASCENSION (3)
1937 BAHAMAS (3)
1937 BARBADOS (3)
1937 BASUTOLAND / LESOTHO (3)
1937 BECHUANALAND / BOTSWANA (3)
1937 BERMUDA (3)
1937 BRITISH GUIANA (3)
1937 BRITISH HONDURAS / BELIZE (3)

1937 BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS (3)
1937 CANADA (1)
1937 CAYMAN ISLANDS (3)
1937 CEYLON / SRI LANKA (3)
1937 COOK ISLANDS (3)
1937 CYPRUS (3)
1937 DOMINICA (3)
1937 FALKLAND ISLANDS (3)
1937 FIJI (3)
1937 GAMBIA (3)

1937 GIBRALTAR (3)
1937 GILBERT & ELLICE IS. (3)
1937 GOLD COAST / GHANA (3)
1937 GREAT BRITAIN (1)
1937 GRENADA (3)
1937 HONG KONG (3)
1937 JAMAICA (3)
1937 KUT/EAST AFRICA (3)
1937 LEEWARD ISLANDS (3)
1937 MALAYAN STATES 'STRAIT SETTLEMENTS (3)

1937 MALTA (3)
1937 MAURITIUS (3)
1937 MONTSERRAT (3)
1937 MOROCCO AGENCIES / TANGIER (3)
1937 NAURU (4)
1937 NEWFOUNDLAND (3+11)
1937 NEW GUINEA (4)
1937 NEW ZEALAND (3)
1937 NIGERIA (3)
1937 NIUE (3)

1937 NORTHERN RHODESIA / ZAMBIA (3)
1937 NYASALAND (3)
1937 PAPUA (4)
1937 ST.HELENA (3)
1937 ST.KITTS-NEVIS (3)
1937 ST.LUCIA (3)
1937 ST.VINCENT (3)
1937 SEYCHELLES (3)
1937 SIERRA LEONE (3)
1937 SOLOMON ISLANDS (3)

1937 SOMALILAND PROTECTORATE (3)
1937 SOUTH.AFRICA (5 X 2)
1937 SOUTH.WEST AFRICA (8 X 2)
1937 SOUTHERN RHODESIA / RHODESIA (4)
1937 SWAZILAND (3)
1937 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (3)
1937 TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS (3)

There were 49 colonies that issued the common design set of 3
values = 147 stamps.
(including Newfoundland) Additional non standard sets (55
stamps) came from :
Great Britain (1), Canada (1),
Nauru (4), New Guinea (4), Papua (4), Southern Rhodesia
(4),
South Africa (10) 5 stamps x 2 languages,
Newfoundland (11) additional set of eleven,
South West Africa (16) 8 stamps x 2 languages.

Grand Total (147 + 55) Complete Collection of 202 Stamps

I hope that this is helpful.

Blair
Old August 10th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 9, 11:00*am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
[...]

Wow, impressive response Blair.My list agrees with yours up to a point
and that point is:
British virgin Islands - I do list/collect because these are of a
defferent design.
Canada. - Single stamp is a bit different, did not list/collect.
Great Britain. - Single stamp is a bit different, did not list/
collect.
Mococco Agencies / Tangier. - Overprint of Great Britain stamp.
Nauru. - Overprint of New Zealand stamps. Not collected
Newfoundland. - I have the three. The eleven are too different to be
considered.
New Guinea. - Overprint of New Zealand stamps. Not collected
Papua. - Overproint of New Zealand stamps. Not collected
South Africa. - George Vi stamps, did not list or collect.
South west Africa. - George Vi stamps, did not list or collect.
Southern Rhodesia. - too different to be considered.
Other than these I have all the rest.

Thanks for the list.

Ralph
Old August 11th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 11, 3:25*am, Asia-translation
wrote:
Ralph, as a patriotic Australian, I have to take issue with a couple
of your points.

Nauru, New Guinea and Papua all had a common (Australian prinyed)
design, not overprints, and certainly not on New Zealand stamps.

Tony

Tony, you are quite right. I had my head up the proverbial dark place
when I responded. I was thinking of the Cook Islands and Niue stamps
that were overprints of New Zealand.
The Nauru, New Guinea and Paupua mentioned are George VI stamps and
not the normal common design of the 1937 issue.

Thanks for reminding the OLD one to pay attention to what he is doing.

Ralph

Ralph- Hide quoted text -

Old August 12th 08, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

I suppose they do make a little mini-omnibus series of their own.
Makes up for Australia having ignored the Coronation - though I seem
to recall from somewhere that the 5/-, 10/- and 1 Pound Robes stamps
of the 1937 definitive set were intended as a sort of nod to the
Coronation. They'd make an expensive addition to the Omnibus if you
decided to include them, though.

Old August 12th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Australians, strange lot, never got over being exiled from the mother
country. :-)

Ralph