Yellow pages???????

Old September 19th 04, 01:01 AM
Dakota

Default Yellow pages???????

This post is directed to members living on any continent besides North
America!

I am a member of a small stamp site. The secretary of this site often
receives enrollment requests from people outside of North America -
and occasionally the new enrollee enters with a main interest of
finding out how much their stamp are worth. The secretary directs such
queries to me - and I'm happy to help out...but!

I first suggest they visit a library and have the librarian direct
them toward their stamp catalogs. My second suggestion is to go to
the 'yellow pages' of their phone directory and look up a stamp
dealer.

Sometimes I get a reply - something like "Huh, Yellow Pages, where can
I find that?"

It's pretty apparent that the term yellow pages isn't universal.

Yellow pages (for those not familiar) are the listings in (usually)
the back of the telephone directory that list businesses.

With this explanation - can any foreign (ex USA) members here provide
the equivalent 'term' for their country?

Regards,

Dakota
Old September 19th 04, 04:52 AM
Rodney

Australia=Yellow pages

HTH

Old September 19th 04, 08:57 AM
Michael Appel

"Dakota" skrev i en meddelelse

Denmark : "de gule sider" , directly translated into '(the) yellow pages'.

Michael

Old September 19th 04, 09:44 AM
bc92

In message om,
Dakota wrote:

With this explanation - can any foreign (ex USA) members here provide
the equivalent 'term' for their country?

Regards,

Dakota

The following website may help; all european yellow pages names and
sites on one page !
http://www.staffgay.com/pjaunes.html
Maybe the same exists for other continents ?

(& in France "pages jaunes" is an exact translation of "yellow pages")

--
Kind regards,
Bruno

Old September 19th 04, 10:56 AM
Rodney

Here is an easier way.........

http://www.globalyp.com/world.htm

The Global Yellow-Pages is a collection of phone directories from
around the world. To find a number anywhere in the globe select
a country from the list below.

Argentina | Australia | Austria | Belgium | Bermuda
| Canada | Chile | China | Colombia | Denmark
| Europe | Finland | France | Germany | Holland
| Indonesia | Ireland | Israel | Italy | Japan | Latvia
| Luxembourg | Malaysia| Mexico | New Zealand
| Norway | Pakistan | Poland | Romania | Russia
| Singapore | Slovenia | South Africa | South America
| Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Turkey | United Kingdom
| United States |

Old September 20th 04, 02:06 PM
Dakota

Rodney et al.

The Global Yellow-Pages is a collection of phone directories from
around the world. To find a number anywhere in the globe select
a country from the list below.

Thanks for the assist. I did check it out and it seems just the thing
- however I did jump into a few countries and found no reference to
Philatelic or stamps. Curious!!!!!

Dakota

FS: NHL Out-of-print Books (Part 2) J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 January 1st 05 12:49 PM
FS: Baseball out-of-print Books (Part 1) J.R. Sinclair Baseball 0 July 12th 04 07:27 AM
FS: Baseball out-of-print Books (Part 1) J.R. Sinclair Baseball 0 June 9th 04 06:35 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
FS: NHL Out-of-print Books (Part 2) Jim Sinclair Hockey 0 August 17th 03 07:20 AM