Santa Replaces Christ In British Christmas Stamps

Old November 15th 06, 10:02 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Al Klein

Default Santa Replaces Christ In British Christmas Stamps

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:48:03 -0800, "Albumen" wrote:

The Christmas holiday celebrates

the Winter Solstice. Christians stole that for the celebration of the
birth of someone who was born in the spring.

Not all that intelligent.
--
rukbat at optonline dot net
"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president."

"God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith,
deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by
God to save Germany."
- Hermann Goering, speaking of Hitler
(random sig, produced by SigChanger)

This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/
Old November 15th 06, 10:46 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.society.liberalism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Albumen wrote:
The Christmas holiday celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ

Sorry, Christmas is ours now. It celebrates the availability of
enormous quantities of food, alcohol, and electronic gadgets.

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.
Old November 16th 06, 12:11 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.society.liberalism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
thomas p.

Albumen skrev:
The Christmas holiday celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ the philosopher
whose fameous words were "Peace on Earth, good will to all men"

That is what some people celebrate. I enjoy Christmas quite a bit,
yet I am not Christian nor do I believe in Santa or elves or the pagan
beliefs behind the much older reason for having a celebration at that
time of the year.

It is entirely consistant to show the face of the man on postage stamps and
to display his image in a public forum.

Along with Santa Claus and any other image that might be identified
with the day.

snip

Old November 16th 06, 01:43 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.society.liberalism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
[email protected]

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:34:46 GMT, JAF
wrote:

On 16 Nov 2006 04:11:26 -0800, "thomas p." wrote:

It is entirely consistant to show the face of the man on postage stamps and
to display his image in a public forum.

Along with Santa Claus and any other image that might be identified
with the day.

I want to see Scrooge, with the caption 'Pah! Humbug! in big red letters.

Every time I go Christmas shopping in crowded malls where parking is
impossible, I think Scrooge was right.

Old November 16th 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.society.liberalism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Robibnikoff

wrote:

On 16 Nov 2006 04:11:26 -0800, "thomas p." wrote:

It is entirely consistant to show the face of the man on postage stamps
and
to display his image in a public forum.

Along with Santa Claus and any other image that might be identified
with the day.

I want to see Scrooge, with the caption 'Pah! Humbug! in big red letters.

Every time I go Christmas shopping in crowded malls where parking is
impossible, I think Scrooge was right.

LOL!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. However, I do have a young daughter
(who stopped believing in Santa 3 years ago, thank goodness) and like to
make it a nice time for her. That's why I shop on line. woohoo!
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Old November 16th 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Al Klein

wrote:

On 16 Nov 2006 04:11:26 -0800, "thomas p." wrote:

It is entirely consistant to show the face of the man on postage stamps and
to display his image in a public forum.

Along with Santa Claus and any other image that might be identified
with the day.

I want to see Scrooge, with the caption 'Pah! Humbug! in big red letters.

Or "'Tis the reason for the season".
--
rukbat at optonline dot net
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
Old November 16th 06, 04:13 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Al Klein

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:11:59 GMT, JAF
wrote:

Christmas shopping.

Avoid it altogether.

Or, if you must, do it around the 3rd week of January. Better
parking, fewer crowds and the prices are lower.
--
rukbat at optonline dot net
"When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when

Old November 16th 06, 04:25 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.society.liberalism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Bert Hyman

(Sound of Trumpet) wrote in
oups.com:

Santa replaces Christ in Christmas stamps

Maybe they just take a stronger stand on that "no graven images" bit
than you do.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old November 16th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,uk.misc
Al Klein

wrote:

Christmas shopping.

Avoid it altogether.

Or, if you must, do it around the 3rd week of January. Better
parking, fewer crowds and the prices are lower.

Yeah, they should have christmas at a later time of the year, when the shops
aren't so busy.

Yogi Berra should have said that.
--
rukbat at optonline dot net