Notes

Old December 25th 03, 07:39 AM

Default Notes

My grandmother gave me a Christmas gift tonight of some notes, not just any
notes, but $10,000 notes. She is almost 100 and my grandfather used to be
president of several banks back in the 30's-60's. The question that I have
is: are these worth face value, or more? I know I need to have them
appraised, but from what I have found on the net they could be potentially
worth 30-40k each. Anybody know of a reliable site on the net for a rough
estimate? Thank you.

Old December 25th 03, 05:42 PM
JSTONE9352

If lightly circulated $30,000-$40,000
would probably be about right.

If Unc. probably a bit more.

Currency Auctions of America (CAA) has sold these in the past. CAA is now
a part of Heritage. I believe they have an archive of their past auctions at
their
website at http://www.heritagecoin.com

You could always go with Ebay but if
you are interested in selling it I would
recommend CAA instead for something
of this magnitude $ wise.

Good luck.

Old January 2nd 04, 11:47 AM
r.c.m. raps

Keep your grandmother in love.
Be sure that she will love you too. And protect her for other "collectors".

Greetings,
Ruud Raps
The Netherlands

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message
If lightly circulated $30,000-$40,000
would probably be about right.

If Unc. probably a bit more.

Currency Auctions of America (CAA) has sold these in the past. CAA is now
a part of Heritage. I believe they have an archive of their past

auctions at
their
website at http://www.heritagecoin.com

You could always go with Ebay but if
you are interested in selling it I would
recommend CAA instead for something
of this magnitude $ wise.

Good luck.

Last Two Notes in Bundle Question Fred Shecter Coins 0 August 12th 04 03:00 AM
red seal Cathy1999 Paper Money 7 October 8th 03 12:53 AM
Canadians at fault for new Zambian polymer notes Owen Linzmayer Paper Money 0 September 30th 03 06:17 PM
Looking for 100 notes - 1993,1988,1985 Scott Paper Money 0 July 12th 03 04:28 AM
Russian notes? Or something else? Tutukin Oleg - Sales Manager Paper Money 0 July 10th 03 09:24 AM