Comic strip

Old January 14th 04, 03:34 PM
Michael G. Koerner

Default Comic strip

Did anyone besides me I see the Monday, 2004-01-12 installment of
'Family Circus'?

;-)

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old January 14th 04, 03:46 PM
A.Gent

For those who didn't: http://206.138.137.5/dailytoon/images/Fami0112.jpg

Old January 14th 04, 04:07 PM
Scottishmoney

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Did anyone besides me I see the Monday, 2004-01-12 installment of
'Family Circus'?

For those who didn't: http://206.138.137.5/dailytoon/images/Fami0112.jpg

Reminds me of back in 1989 when I started issuing allowance scrip for my
younger brother and sister. My sister coloured up all the notes because as
she said "they are dull like dollars" From then on I amended my bad ways
and made the notes colourful:
http://www.delta.edu/davidparrish/notes.jpg

Image is not the best it is shrunken a bit.

Dave

---

Old January 14th 04, 05:22 PM
F B

wow Dave. They are great and a very good idea too.
Doris

Old January 14th 04, 05:50 PM
Scottishmoney

"F B" wrote in message
wow Dave. They are great and a very good idea too.
Doris

Thanks Doris, my kiddos like them. I made a commemorative set for my
Grandmother's birthday last summer, it was a hit. My daughter may have
tried to pay for something at school once, I heard about them from the
principal. That is the nice thing, they save their money and can't spend it
unless they convince someone to take them. The whole project, keeping track
of the notes printed, how many in circulation, and statistics on note issues
got me an A in one of my Excel classes last semester.

Dave

---

Old January 14th 04, 08:47 PM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:50:02 -0500, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

"F B" wrote in message
wow Dave. They are great and a very good idea too.
Doris

Thanks Doris, my kiddos like them.

Very nice! Are they uniface? What program did you use to design the
notes?

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old January 14th 04, 09:05 PM
Scottishmoney

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message

Thanks Doris, my kiddos like them.

Very nice! Are they uniface? What program did you use to design the
notes?

Padraic.

The $1 and $2 are uniface, because when they cash them in every six months
or so I stamp the back with the date it was paid. The $5 has a Buffalo on
the reverse. I have been making them for about 4 years now in the current
design, with some updates, notably the seven pointed star backgrounds and
more recently the $5 had quite a few updates. Most of the notes that are
out, there are currently 228 notes in circulation, are dated 2001. In the
past couple of years I have only printed them to commemorate birthdays etc
so I keep circulation pretty small, besides printing both sides of the $5 is
pretty expensive. So far I have not had to retire any from circulation, but
there is some attrition due to them being given as gifts or kept as
souvenirs by family members etc.

Dave

---

Old January 14th 04, 11:37 PM
F B

Thanks Doris, my kiddos like them. I made a commemorative set for my
Grandmother's birthday last summer, it was a hit. My daughter may have
tried to pay for something at school once, I heard about them from the
principal. That is the nice thing, they save their money and can't spend
it unless they convince someone to take them. The whole project, keeping
track of the notes printed, how many in circulation, and statistics on
note issues got me an A in one of my Excel classes last semester.
Dave
You're welcome Dave.
They make me think of stamps, the old stamps. Always beautiful.
I can hear the teacher now....your father MAKES his own money!? lol
When my kids had money burning a hole in their pockets, I would take
them shopping and we would spend hours. They wanted everything, but soon
found they didn't have enough. My daughter one day asked if I could buy
an item. I said no, you have enough money. She informed me she didn't
want to WASTE hers. :-)
Congrats on your A. You worked hard for it. And it shows.
Doris

Old January 15th 04, 12:04 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:05:04 -0500, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Be careful. Remember Boggs?
Aram.

Old January 15th 04, 02:30 AM
Padraic Brown

wrote:

[...]

They're professionally printed!?!? By a banknote company?

Also, out of curiosity, where have your kids tried to spend these?
What kind of difficulties have they had?