Michael Marotta adn the American Numismatic Assoc.

Old February 17th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Michael Marotta adn the American Numismatic Assoc.

On Feb 16, 6:22 pm, Mike Marotta wrote:

I answered.

You didnt answer. I asked if you believed what you said. You said to
me:

What I wrote, what I write, you are free to value as you choose.

Thats not an answer to the question I asked. You sound like a
politician trying to skip answering a question by answering a
different question

So Ill ask again. Do you believe what you said. Heres what you said:

You said coin collectors in general are liars and bullies and you said
you support cheating and cheaters. These are my words, here are your
words, brought to you by Google Groups because “Archives are forever”:

On June 30, 2001 Michael Marota started a thread that he named "Coin
Collectors are Bullies" in the newsgroup
humanities.philosophy.objectivism. In the first post he said:

"The most successful collectors and dealers I have met are people who
display obvious symptoms of low self esteem: slouching for instance.
Lying about anything and everything from the weather to the published
price of a coin is typical."

You can read Michael Marottas entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/human...990e037d4ed640

He said in this post “these are GENERALIZATIONS about a large group of
people (numismatists, philatelists) and generalizations fail at the
individual level.”

Then he said about himself “I am a collector and I have good self
esteem and am not a bully.”

Im not making this up!

Michael Marotta also said he supports cheating. No he said it doesnt
matter, cheating is irrelevant if you enter a coin deal with free
choice. I guess he means if your forced into a coin deal and are
cheated thats bad but if your not forced into a coin deal getting
cheated is doesnt matter. Actually I dont know what he means or if he
believes this because he doesnt answer, thats why Im asking again.

Here are his words:

Michael Marotta started a thread right here in rec.collecting.coins on
December 10, 2000 and he named it "Dishonest Collectors". Michael
Marotta wrote:

"Once we accept that a transaction is freely entered into, whether or
not someone gets "cheated" is irrelevant."

You can read the entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...901bb967b1f513

When everybody in the coin world was warning evrybody else Michael
Marotta was attacking people for saying you shouldnt buy coins in
Accugrade slabs and saying how great Accugrade was. He said its
founder was noble, no he said he was engaged in “the noblest human
endeavor”.

Here are Michael Marottas words:

Michael Marotta used the handle Mike Echo Mike. He wrote this in
rec.collecting.coins on Feb. 3, 2001:

"Alan Hager [the Acugrade founder] has built a profitable business by
supplying to people something they want at a price they are willing to
pay. That is in and of itself the noblest human endeavor."

You can read the entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...f4b2a116dbc345

The same day Michael Marotta attacked Byron Reed for saying people
should boycott of Accugrade:

"You are NOBODY. You have no publications in the hobby. You work as a
press operator for a printing plant in North Dakota. You have no
college degree in numismatics. You do not own or operate an industry
recognized auction firm or numismatic dealership. If you are a member
of the ANA, you have not mentioned it and if you are a member of the
PNG or IAPN, I would be astounded. You have never delivered a
Numismatic Theater Presentation at an ANA convention. You have never
taught an ANA Summer Seminar Class. In short, you are no different
than 100,000 coin acquireres who claim that they know more than anyone
else in the hobby about their own self-defined area of speciality." \

You can read the entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...e09a5aa287fa53

Heres another funny thing. In the above post Michael Marotta confused
Byron Reed with Brad Reed. Michael Marotta thought he was attacking
Brad Reed for saying that people should boycott oAccugrade!

Michael Marotta, do you belive what you said? Thats a simple question.
You dont answer this so Im starting a top thread. These are good
issues to talk about, coin collectors are liars, coni collectors are
bullies, cheating is OK.

Your a writer for the American Numismatic Assoc. Do they believe this
too? Your not the president but your in their magazine. If you were
the president would you try to legalize cheating?

Do you believe what you said ???

Texas Numismatic Assoc Coin Show photos Frank Provasek Coins 111 September 24th 05 07:15 AM
Dear Michael Marotta Jorg Lueke Coins 2 September 28th 04 06:15 PM
Texas Numismatic Assoc. J. Adams Coins 5 January 29th 04 06:11 PM
2nd PING: Michael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 3 November 14th 03 08:31 AM
PING: MIchael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 18 November 11th 03 12:38 PM