Opinions on cashing out some silver

Old February 13th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Opinions on cashing out some silver

On Feb 13, 1:02*pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. *As for myself, I am clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? *What is that?

A typo for PMS? * :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS. Never.

oly

Old February 13th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS. Never.

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing matter.

Old February 13th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 13, 1:47*pm, "PC" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS. *Never..

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing matter.- Hide quoted text -

You need to get a better acronym guide. PMS is not what you think it
is.

oly
Old February 13th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 13, 1:47*pm, "PC" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS. *Never..

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing matter.- Hide quoted text -

Sheesh, it's even stated in Merriam-Webster's in the way that 99% of
Americans understand that acronym.

oly
Old February 13th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"PC" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am
clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS.
Never.

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing
matter.

True, but I still am obliged to give you a smiley for your riposte.
:-)

Old February 13th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A You

A You wrote:

I would sell gold as gold is up on a currency panic but as bad as things
are...faith in currencies can return.

I would hold silver, palladium, and platinum as demand for commodites can
return in 3 to 5 years. In fact copper and steel can regain some with
planned government infrastructure projects.

Of course with all metals low margin mines are on hold and so there is
some
pullback in supply along with the loss of demand.

If you must sell your silver then buy something very low. So that would be
stocks or real estate or out-of-favor currencies.

Or put your funds into a forex futures account with 100 to 1 leverage.
Because the major currencies are just taking turns going in and
out-of-favor
against each other. Or the currencies of countries with small trade
deficits
are very strong but then they do get too strong at times...

Les wrote:

Okay, my 'funds' amount to just under $100, so I appreciate the
advice.

I called off the sale as I was looking at the month-long track record
and saw
that silver was on a nice incline, then it started dropping again...
of course.

A You wrote:

Well I should have stayed with selling gold and holding silver...but I went
on to currency futures.

And with the currency futures where the broker breaks down their own
positiona into smaller positions of the customer there are micro-accounts
with 400 to 1 leverage. So your $100 gets $40,000 worth of EUR/USD. But if
it ticks the wrong way...

But go with 100 to 1 leverage, a $2,000 account, and put only half the
account into a position...

Well see...selling the USD/JPY is the same thing as selling gold.

Old February 13th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:47 pm, "PC" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am
clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS.
Never.

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing
matter.- Hide quoted text -

Sheesh, it's even stated in Merriam-Webster's in the way that 99% of
Americans understand that acronym.

Which is what made it funny in the first placed. I guess you didn't
get. Ease up, oly! According to the guy on the corner with the
sandwich board, the end won't be coming until at least the end of the
month.

Old February 13th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 13, 2:54*pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

On Feb 13, 1:47 pm, "PC" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 4:46 pm, "RWF" wrote:
Christmas morning for the Democrats. As for myself, I am
clutching
very tightly to my PMs and adding more whenever possible.

PM s? What is that?

A typo for PMS? :-)

Around these parts, there never seems to be a shortage of PMS.
Never.

That's not funny!

Pre-mediated suicide is a VERY serious subject and no laughing
matter.- Hide quoted text -

Sheesh, it's even stated in Merriam-Webster's in the way that 99% of
Americans understand that acronym.

Which is what made it funny in the first placed. *I guess you didn't
get. *Ease up, oly! *According to the guy on the corner with the
sandwich board, the end won't be coming until at least the end of the
month.- Hide quoted text -

I wasn't responding to you - it's PC who is way off.

oly
Old February 13th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"oly" wrote in message

You need to get a better acronym guide. PMS is not what you think it is.

I'll trade you a sarcasm detector. :-)

Cashing in on the hype PC[_2_] Coins 22 March 16th 07 04:57 AM
Opinions Wanted 1992 Silver Eagle with Toning Tina Coins 6 May 31st 06 11:45 AM
opinions. advice sought on the value of silver melt value....... Gary Loveless Coins 5 October 2nd 05 11:38 PM
Collectors cashing in on numismatic hobby stonej Coins 1 July 16th 05 04:45 PM
Yet another old woman cashing in silver for face story.. Harv Coins 2 August 9th 03 06:06 AM