2010 US proofs question

Old July 27th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
paul holmgren

Default 2010 US proofs question

I just received 2 sets of 2010 US proof coins.
Both "Hot Springs' quarters have a 'speckled' 'polished' area.

Is this correct??

This the only coin like this in the entire set and only on the reverse.
Old July 27th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"paul holmgren" wrote in message
I just received 2 sets of 2010 US proof coins.
Both "Hot Springs' quarters have a 'speckled' 'polished' area.

Is this correct??

This the only coin like this in the entire set and only on the reverse.

They're "damaged". Send the sets back for replacement. Don't wait, they
only give you about a week now for returns.

Old July 27th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
paul holmgren

On 7/27/2010 1:42 PM, paul holmgren wrote:
I just received 2 sets of 2010 US proof coins.
Both "Hot Springs' quarters have a 'speckled' 'polished' area.

Is this correct??

This the only coin like this in the entire set and only on the reverse.

Well, I raised this concern with the wife and she asked the $.64
question, what are the Unc's like, lo and behold we seem to agree that
the Unc's are a tad 'frosted' on the reverse, and since it's 'Hot
Springs' maybe they should be. The other 4 quarters in our unc sets are
as expected, very nice strikes but not 'frosted' like the Hot Springs.
Old July 30th 10, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

I noticed that as well...slight texture around the fountain image.
Very odd...but most likely intended. On the other hand my Sacagawea
dollar was smeared with a stain as if it was splattered with oil.