Traffic

Old July 21st 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default Traffic

On 7/21/2010 4:02 PM, Wm Hopkins wrote:
Has it dropped waaay off here or is it just my server?

It's the traffic. Mostly Anka and Michael don't post here like they used
to. I think they moved to Colchis to study the beginning of
Indo-European languages together.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old July 21st 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wm Hopkins[_3_]

Has it dropped waaay off here or is it just my server?

Old July 21st 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 07/21/2010
at 04:02 PM, Reid Goldsborough said:

Has it dropped waaay off here or is it just my server?

It's the traffic. Mostly Anka and Michael don't post here like they used
to. I think they moved to Colchis to study the beginning of Indo-European
languages together.

Well, this part of the issue is great, IMO.

However, I went without newsgroups for awhile, not even really noticing what
was going on. I knew Cox was planning on dropping Usenet, and I guess I
didn't realize that they did .

Anyway, once I DID notice, I switched to one of the alternates mentioned
here. Traffic was instantly lower. I sorta-kinda guess it was because of
Cox and some other big-name ISP who canned Usenet at about the same time.
Maybe folks with switch to a different Usenet server, maybe they won't
bother.

Nick
Old July 22nd 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
[...]

I still use COX and was affected by their dropping of Usenet at the end of
June. Like you, I was given a suggestion here for a replacement and it has
worked seamlessly. Traffic-wise, I guess there's just not that much worth
discussing lately. Personally, I just finished a 20th Century type set
after about six or seven years of effort. Luckily, I was able to acquire
the gold examples when bullion was about half of today's prices.
Ironically, the last coin I needed was a Memorial Lincoln cent (I chose a
Cameo PR 1960SD). Coins are all MS and PCGS, one of my few anti-slab
consessions.

Old July 22nd 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Wm Hopkins wrote:

Has it dropped waaay off here or is it just my server?

Many ISP have drooped usenet from the services provided.

It has cause many to give up on newsgroups.

JAM
Old July 23rd 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Farmer Dave

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:23:28 -0400, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

Wm Hopkins wrote:

Has it dropped waaay off here or is it just my server?

Many ISP have drooped usenet from the services provided.

It has cause many to give up on newsgroups.

JAM

I wonder if it is a form of censorship..........news groups aren't
controlled in any way.........

Traffic report DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 2 February 27th 06 03:25 PM
Traffic needed. Can anyone help? Paul King Cards:- non-sport 0 September 25th 05 01:36 PM
Traffic needed. Can anyone help? Paul King Card discussions 0 September 25th 05 01:36 PM
Traffic needed. Can anyone help? Paul King Paper Money 0 September 25th 05 01:14 PM
Want to increase your web traffic?? Tyler Johnston General 0 May 29th 04 06:09 PM