1980 Susan B Anthony Dollar Coin

Old July 8th 10, 07:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default 1980 Susan B Anthony Dollar Coin

Hello

About a week ago, I ask for some dollar coins at a
local Circle K store. One of the coins I got was
a 1980 Susan B Anthony dollar coin. This
nickel clad coin has no wear at all. It looks like
it was just release from the U.S. Mint. The coin
is stamp with the mint mark letter "S". This coin
has brilliance to it. The open area of this coin
is in such good condition, I could use it as a
mirror. The raised areas are very clean with no
wear or scratches on it.

Can someone tell me if the U.S. Mint issued Proof
Susan B Anthony coins from the San Francisco Mint?

As bad as this recession is here in Phoenix, it
would not surprise me to see someone spending there
coin collection. How sad to see this.

Someday, I do hope to get a 1981 Susan B Anthony
dollar coin from a bank, or store. No such luck
for now.

Old July 8th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote:

Can someone tell me if the U.S. Mint issued Proof
Susan B Anthony coins from the San Francisco Mint?

Yes. 3,544,806 proofs, 20,422,000 business strikes.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old July 9th 10, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:52:09 -0700, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

Hello

About a week ago, I ask for some dollar coins at a
local Circle K store. One of the coins I got was
a 1980 Susan B Anthony dollar coin. This
nickel clad coin has no wear at all. It looks like
it was just release from the U.S. Mint. The coin
is stamp with the mint mark letter "S". This coin
has brilliance to it. The open area of this coin
is in such good condition, I could use it as a
mirror. The raised areas are very clean with no
wear or scratches on it.

Can someone tell me if the U.S. Mint issued Proof
Susan B Anthony coins from the San Francisco Mint?

As Michael pointed out, yes they did. I've also seen 1980 business
strikes that had almost mirror-like surfaces. Are the design elements
"frosty", or is the entire surface mirror-like?

take care,
Scott
Old July 9th 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

wrote:

Hello

About a week ago, I ask for some dollar coins at a
local Circle K store. One of the coins I got was
a 1980 Susan B Anthony dollar coin. This
nickel clad coin has no wear at all. It looks like
it was just release from the U.S. Mint. The coin
is stamp with the mint mark letter "S". This coin
has brilliance to it. The open area of this coin
is in such good condition, I could use it as a
mirror. The raised areas are very clean with no
wear or scratches on it.

Can someone tell me if the U.S. Mint issued Proof
Susan B Anthony coins from the San Francisco Mint?

As Michael pointed out, yes they did. I've also seen 1980 business
strikes that had almost mirror-like surfaces. Are the design elements
"frosty", or is the entire surface mirror-like?

take care,
Scott

The raised area (her face), is frosty in appearance
with the remaining part with a mirror appearance.

Old July 9th 10, 11:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

wrote:

[...]

Then it's probably a proof that got spent. Somewhere around here
I've got an "Impaired Proof Set" that I put together out of coins I
found in circulation.

take care,
Scott