Coin Ideas for Large Piggy Bank

Old November 3rd 03, 01:50 AM
Ami .

Default Coin Ideas for Large Piggy Bank

Hello,

I have recently aquired a very large glass pig-shaped bank. It's about
20 inches long and 8 inches tall. I have decided that I'd like to get
started by filling it with rolls of quarters, nickels, and dimes from
the bank. I also asked at the bank for half dollars, but the bank teller
only had $10 in Kennedy halves, so I purchased those.

I really like the Kennedy halves. In fact, I have all 10 of them from
the bank stacked in front of me so I can admire them as I type

In addition, in the last two days, I have gone online and purchased the
following for my glass pig treasure trove:

150 Eisenhower dollar coins
25 circulated Kennedy halves
20 Franklin halves
20 Liberty halves
1 roll of mercury dimes
1 roll of 2003 silver eagles

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on what type of coins I can add to
my piggy bank. Do you think Susan B. Anthony dollars would be a good
choice?

P.S. Yes, I am an adult, and yes, I do intend to open the roll of eagles
and place them in the pig!!

Old November 3rd 03, 02:22 AM
Paul

Well, in that case, I'd put in a few rolls of Sacs as well as Susie B's.

Low grade Morgan and Peace Dollars would be a nice addition as well.

I am a bit worried about the following statement you made: snip

only had $10 in Kennedy halves, so I purchased those.

I really like the Kennedy halves. In fact, I have all 10 of them from
the bank stacked in front of me

/snip.

I assume you either meant $5 or 20 of them.
Paul
(willing to sell you 10 for $10, too)

Old November 3rd 03, 03:03 AM
Ami .

I assume you either meant $5 or 20 of them. Paul
(willing to sell you 10 for $10, too)

Oops! Yes, you are correct. I purchased 10 Kennedys for $5 at the bank

I like your idea on the Susan B., Peace, and Morgan dollars. Thanks very
much.

Old November 3rd 03, 03:47 AM
Dale Hallmark

"Ami ." wrote in message
I assume you either meant $5 or 20 of them. Paul
(willing to sell you 10 for $10, too)

Oops! Yes, you are correct. I purchased 10 Kennedys for $5 at the bank

I like your idea on the Susan B., Peace, and Morgan dollars. Thanks very
much.

I like the idea and I think a pig bank is interesting.

I have a wooden box with some stuff like that in it.

It is great to own a real treasure chest :-)

Dale
Always a Pirate at heart.

Old November 3rd 03, 06:24 AM
Ami .

I have a wooden box with some stuff like that in it.
It is great to own a real treasure chest :-)

Yes, absolutely! It does make me feel like a bit of a pirate with a
special stash

Old November 3rd 03, 05:58 PM
Bob Flaminio

Ami . wrote:
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on what type of coins I can add to
my piggy bank. Do you think Susan B. Anthony dollars would be a good
choice?

Yes, SBAs and Sackies would be a good addition. I presume that since the
pig is clear, you're looking at this as a decorative item (rather than
just saving money). Sounds really cool!

I would suggest adding some commemorative Washington Half Dollars --
they have a nice design and are not too expensive. You could also toss
in a $5 Gold Eagle -- that would make for a real interesting thing to
find while looking through the pig.

--
Bob