"Another Contest" Clew.

Old October 17th 03, 07:35 PM
Coin Saver

Default "Another Contest" Clew.

Nobody yet has guessed the "announcement", so, here's a clew. (Note: in
previous contests, the clews I've given were too easy, so I'm going to be
really vague this time).

The Clew:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
whiffenpoof
```````````````````````````
The Original Proposition:
I was about to post an announcement. I decided instead, to turn this into a
Contest. You must guess my announcement. The prize will remain a mystery at
least until it is won. My announcement deals with a subject discussed on RCC in
the past. My announcement also deals with me, personally. Collectors who have
never read any RCC posts will most likely have no clew as to what my
announcement is all about. ONE guess per entrant per clew. If no winners by
Friday, Oct.17,2003, I will provide a clew.
You must post your guess; HOWEVER: Since I don't get all posts, all entrants
must also email their guesses to me at:

The deadline: when someone guesses the announcement.
Good Luck!
8-D
Coin Saver

Coin Saver
Old October 17th 03, 08:18 PM
Scottishmoney

"Coin Saver" wrote in message
[...]

Are you getting hitched?

Dave

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 17th 03, 08:49 PM
Ankaaz

Dobac wrote:

"The Clew:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
whiffenpoof
```````````````````````````"

You've been accepted at YALE!!!!

Anka Z ------ doesn't have a clew

Old October 17th 03, 11:13 PM
Stujoe

Dale Hallmark spoke thusly...

You have been selected to the Whiffenpoofs
at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft ?

Dale ;-)

Harry Potter was the first thing I thought of too.

--
Stu Miller
Visit the Virtual Coin Museum (over 100 displays):
Old October 17th 03, 11:28 PM
DFloyd

"Scottishmoney" wrote in
:

The Clew:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
whiffenpoof
```````````````````````````

Are you getting hitched?

And you divine that from this lyric?

"Doomed from here to eternity"

Old October 18th 03, 12:08 AM
BobbyShaw

You have been selected to the Whiffenpoofs
at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft ?

Dale ;-)

Harry Potter was the first thing I thought of too.

My first thought was that it was an anagram of something... I punched
whiffenpoofs into he

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

but, it didn't reveal any better clews. Of course... this one was pretty good:
"FEW SNIFF POOH"... but I *hope* it doesn't apply to the contest in any way!

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old October 18th 03, 12:23 AM
Mark

Coin Saver wrote:

Nobody yet has guessed the "announcement", so, here's a clew. (Note: in
previous contests, the clews I've given were too easy, so I'm going to be
really vague this time).

The Clew:
whiffenpoof

You bought a horse?

Mark

The " Nine US Coins; Guess The Face Value" CONTEST Jerry Dennis Coins 44 September 29th 03 04:43 PM
The RCC ESSAY Contest Robert A. DeRose, Jr. Coins 57 September 25th 03 03:48 AM
My First Contest Eric Babula Coins 37 September 19th 03 03:26 PM
CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks Dan769 Coins 27 August 27th 03 02:01 AM
CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks Update ! Dan769 Coins 1 August 26th 03 04:13 AM