eBay verification of account?

Old August 10th 03, 10:37 PM
David T. Bilek

Default eBay verification of account?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:17:23 GMT, John A. Stovall
wrote:
I just got an email from eBay wanting to " eBay Verification Request".

Then this:

?"During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could
not verify your current information. Either your information has
changed or it is incomplete."

And a screen for a eBay log in to eBay and update.

I haven't bought anything in a few months but have been using it for
watching regularly.

Is this a new scan?

No, it's a very old (in internet terms) scam.

-David
Old August 10th 03, 11:01 PM
Ted Leonard

In article , John A.
Stovall wrote:

I just got an email from eBay wanting to " eBay Verification Request".

Then this:

?"During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could
not verify your current information. Either your information has
changed or it is incomplete."

And a screen for a eBay log in to eBay and update.

I haven't bought anything in a few months but have been using it for
watching regularly.

Is this a new scan?

This is a way to steal your ebay account info. NEVER respond to this
sort of "Verification Request".

--
Ted Leonard

Notice, I've gone in search of myself. If I should show up before I return,
please keep a eye on me till I get back. Thanks!

Remove "this" to reply via email
Old August 11th 03, 04:36 AM
Courtney Love

I got one of these from PayPal, and only just this morning. It had a fake
login screen. It's an attempt to steal your password and wreak havoc with your
account.

"Justice is as strictly due between neighbor nations as between neighbor
citizens. A highwayman is as much a robber when he plunders in a gang, as when
single; and a nation that makes an unjust war is only a great gang."

--Benjamin Franklin
Old August 13th 03, 01:00 AM
William M. Klimon

"michael adams" wrote in message
om...

As I say the contents of many of these books really are disappointing.
Not exactly cheap editions, but hardly exemplars of typography either.
And no wide margins And by this time the Victorian paper is assuming
something of a brittle quality as well. Prize bindings are advertised
on the Internet as well of course, although this is the type of book
you'd probably want to inspect. I believe they range from the 1830's
onwards although I have no knowledge of the earlier ones myself.

One of the most interesting books in my collection is:

*Conversions Remarquables de Quelques Protestans* (Paris: Liege, 1790).

(1) This was a popular work published anonymously by F.C. Nagot, first in
1789 (with a second edition that year). As far as I can tell, my book is
the third edition, but it is not listed in Percival Merritt's bibliography
of editions of the *Account* of the conversion of Rev. John Thayer. I have
located only one other copy--in the BNF.

(2) Several years ago, I located this book on abe and immediately placed an
order. The N.C. dealer could not find it. About a year later, I had the
inspiration to check back with them. Sure enough, they had found it and it
was mine for $200.

(3) The dealer had mentioned a wax seal and certificate in the front of the
book. What he did not say was that it was a prize certificate for a student
at the seminary of the Picpus Congregation in 1819, signed and sealed by Fr.
M.J. Coudrin (1768-1837), the founder of that order and a candidate for
sainthood:

http://www.bautz.de/bbkl/c/coudrin_m_j.shtml

Surely the most interesting prize book I have come across.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com