Query:The No1 Ladies Detective Agency

Old August 10th 03, 02:52 PM
Jim Barker

Default Query:The No1 Ladies Detective Agency

Can anyone help?

I have a copy of this book, a trade paperback published by Polygon
Edinburgh in 1998 and I'm trying to find if this is a true first
edition. I've looked on ABE books and other sites but the only Polygon
copies I see are later printings. A seller over on ebay says that the
true first edition is one of the scarecest first editions (he's never
seen one) I'm wondering if I lucked out.

Jim Barker

Old August 11th 03, 01:04 AM
MindElec

On 10 Aug 2003 16:24:38 -0700, (michael adams)
declared:

"David T. Bilek" wrote in message ...
(michael adams) wrote:
"John A. Stovall" wrote in message ...
I just got an email from eBay wanting to " eBay Verification Request".

Then this:

?"During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could
not verify your current information. Either your information has
changed or it is incomplete."

And a screen for a eBay log in to eBay and update.

I haven't bought anything in a few months but have been using it for
watching regularly.

Is this a new scan?

Why not just log on and see if you can access your feedback
or bring up a bid box. If you can presumably it's a scam.

Non?

Are you crazy? The whole point is that if you type in your name and
password, the scammer can drain your account!

-David

Not if you log as you normally do through Favourites or
whatever, they can't.

Which is what I was suggesting.

I'd assumed that nobody in their right mind would ever dream of
logging onto a web page sent via email.

As obviously this would defeat the whole purpose of the
excercise.

But not for the first time it seems, I've been proved wrong.

not wrong, you were right in your head. it just didn't make it
through your fingers to the keyboard ;-)

the most recent one that i've seen brings up the actual ebay homepage
with a pop-up that asks for your password. no matter what you enter
it says thanks, lol.

robert

"I've been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank til I was thirsty again
We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen"

Agency screw ups dahoov2 Autographs 5 June 23rd 04 06:45 AM
for the ladies , Ladies ring top Vintage Pens from $75 each Max Davis Pens & Pencils 0 November 25th 03 12:59 PM