Singapore $1000 1911 Specimen at Spink Auction

Old July 1st 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default Singapore $1000 1911 Specimen at Spink Auction

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/
Old July 2nd 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Matthew Brealey

On 1 Jul, 18:16, wrote:
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

Why not link to the source?

http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Arti...ArticleId=4812

It is Straits Settlements in fact, rather than Singapore.

The estimate is rather nice:

"The note is in VF condition. The paper still has good body and is of
original appearance. The estimate has been set at $240,000-300,000."

That's US$.

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalog...2050&saletype=

I am surprised they have not left it a year to maybe get a better
price with more publicity next year.
Old July 2nd 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Jul 1, 8:24*pm, Matthew Brealey wrote:
On 1 Jul, 18:16, wrote:

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

Why not link to the source?

http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Arti...ArticleId=4812

It is Straits Settlements in fact, rather than Singapore.

You're right. I've changed the title to Straits Settlements. I thought
the article has retaining value. I'm not sure if the source will
always be there. This way I have more control.
Old July 9th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Matthew Brealey

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalog...+++++++0A&refn...

I am surprised they have not left it a year to maybe get a better
price with more publicity next year.

Sold for S$420,000 = US$308,619

Plus premium of course

I know nothing of Pot Duang (Thai bullet money), but the prices are
surprisingly high

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalog...8067&saletype=
Old July 11th 08, 09:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Manit

The Thai bullet money's price is not too high compared to the Thai
market value. This set would easily fetch $50,000 here in Bangkok
mainly due to the 2 Baht gold pot duang.
Old July 12th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Matthew Brealey

On 11 Jul, 09:46, Manit wrote:
The Thai bullet money's price is not too high compared to the Thai
market value. This set would easily fetch $50,000 here in Bangkok
mainly due to the 2 Baht gold pot duang.

well it fetched S$75,000 (US$55,375) + premium

Are these coins all very scarce? I would have thought that a large
number would survive because they are clearly so durable.

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalog...8067&saletype=
Old July 14th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Manit

On Jul 12, 8:26*pm, Matthew Brealey wrote:
On 11 Jul, 09:46, Manit wrote:

The Thai bullet money's price is not too high compared to the Thai
market value. This set would easily fetch $50,000 here in Bangkok
mainly due to the 2 Baht gold pot duang.

well it fetched S$75,000 (US$55,375) + premium

Are these coins all very scarce? I would have thought that a large
number would survive because they are clearly so durable.

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalog...+++++440+&refn....

The gold pot duang are scarce, especially the 2 Baht and higher
denominations.
The number minted is not recorded.
As for the silver ones, the 10 Baht, 20 Baht, 40 and 80 Baht are
scarce.
Recently a 80 Baht silver pot duang was sold for about 8 million Baht
(approx. US$ 240,000)

Spink Auction 19 June scottishmoney Paper Money 3 June 19th 08 03:50 PM
Spink auction. note.boy Paper Money 0 August 28th 07 08:54 PM
British banknote brings 345 pounds at Spink auction John Stone Paper Money 1 October 4th 04 09:31 PM