Oversize coin image at school eliminates "In God we trust"

Old May 20th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Oversize coin image at school eliminates "In God we trust"

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

Old May 20th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

There is a huge difference between a government entity tinkering with
religious content and a cashier in a retail establishment choosing or being
required to substitute "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas." It's too
bad, but typical, that the reporter chose not to deal with that issue. And
the woman saying that she can't say "Christmas tree" anymore is proof that
she believes in a problem that does not exist. The last time I checked, I
had the right to say "Christmas tree." This article appears to be an
attempt to stir up trouble, or at least to sell newspapers.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 20th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

There is a huge difference between a government entity tinkering with
religious content and a cashier in a retail establishment choosing or being
required to substitute "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas." It's too
bad, but typical, that the reporter chose not to deal with that issue. And
the woman saying that she can't say "Christmas tree" anymore is proof that
she believes in a problem that does not exist. The last time I checked, I
had the right to say "Christmas tree." This article appears to be an
attempt to stir up trouble, or at least to sell newspapers.

Mr. Jaggers

Heh! The name of the school isn't In God We Trust Elementary School,
after all.
You can say anything you want about humans, but one thing is for certain
-- they love to gossip!
Old May 20th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

stonej,

I'd like to thank you for culling these things from the net that I may never
have seen otherwise. Where ever do you get the time?
Thanks,
mk

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

Old May 20th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

stonej wrote:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

Acedemia at all levels seem to be overrun with these politically correct
morons who think that the greatest sin is "offending" someone. If
you don't like "In God We Trust" (a non-denominational term, BTW) on
your Yearbook, don't put a COIN THERE IDIOT! I am sure that a hippy
peace sign would be fine with this school administrator.

Darrell
Old May 20th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

MAJ A wrote:
stonej wrote:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

Acedemia at all levels seem to be overrun with these politically correct
morons who think that the greatest sin is "offending" someone. If you
don't like "In God We Trust" (a non-denominational term, BTW) on your
Yearbook, don't put a COIN THERE IDIOT! I am sure that a hippy peace
sign would be fine with this school administrator.

Darrell

When did elementary school become academia?
Bill O'Reillyisms represent the dumbing down of America.
Old May 20th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
MAJ A wrote:
stonej wrote:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

Acedemia at all levels seem to be overrun with these politically correct
morons who think that the greatest sin is "offending" someone. If you
don't like "In God We Trust" (a non-denominational term, BTW) on your
Yearbook, don't put a COIN THERE IDIOT! I am sure that a hippy peace
sign would be fine with this school administrator.

Darrell

When did elementary school become academia?
Bill O'Reillyisms represent the dumbing down of America.

Elementary school became academia when the public school system came into
existence as a mandatory institution in which participation was made
compulsory. This story just goes to show how a minority that screams for
their "rights" can run roughshod over the rights of the majority. I agree,
if they don't like what's on the coin put on another symbol of liberty.
This purging of anything Christian in our society is running amok. Any
anyone that thinks otherwise is just plain ignorant or blind, deliberately
or not. People have a right to free speech. The Constitution doesn't have a
right to not be offended. Read it. Its not in there. The school didn't
anticipate that in their quest not to offend 20 percent of the community,
that they offended 80 percent.

Old May 20th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14628069.htm

There is a huge difference between a government entity tinkering with
religious content and a cashier in a retail establishment choosing or

being
required to substitute "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas." It's too
bad, but typical, that the reporter chose not to deal with that issue.

And
the woman saying that she can't say "Christmas tree" anymore is proof

that
she believes in a problem that does not exist. The last time I checked,

had the right to say "Christmas tree." This article appears to be an
attempt to stir up trouble, or at least to sell newspapers.

Mr. Jaggers

Actually there is no difference. It all comes from the same antichrist
mentality that is running rampant in this country. You took the womans
comments out of the correct context. She is refering to this last Christmas
in which retailers of Christmas trees chose to call them holiday trees so
they would not seem offensive. If it wasnt for Christmas, we wouldnt need
the trees in the first place. That was what she was saying. The article isnt
an attempt to stir up trouble. Its an attemt to give voice to those who are
being discriminated against, even when in the majority.

Heh! The name of the school isn't In God We Trust Elementary School,
after all.
You can say anything you want about humans, but one thing is for certain
-- they love to gossip!

Not sure what gossip has to do with this. If a black person had complained
because the school took the name Martin Luther King off a photo of a poster
held during a MLK day celebration at the school, exactly how much outrage
would there be in this country? A lot, and very justified. But anything that
refers to a Judeo-Christian God is fair game. That's two faced.

Old May 20th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

MAJ A wrote:
stonej wrote:
[...]

Academia doesn't include elementary school. I was being sarcastic, and
educated.
Old May 20th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Brian O wrote:
"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"stonej" wrote in message
[...]