ASA - Accugrade Coin Grading - PLEASE ADVISE

Old October 1st 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default ASA - Accugrade Coin Grading - PLEASE ADVISE

Thanks again for the insightful info. I appreciate your educated
input. I am off to the post office tomorrow (monday) to commence the
insurance process - at this point, I think that it's a lost cause, no
phone messages returned, no e-mail acknowledgements and way past the
claimed "guaranteed 21 business day" turn around. Hopefully, will get
the value of the coins back. (I guess I will have to "eat" the grading
fee - as they have already charged my CC.) Sigh. Live and learn.
never again with these guys.

Bruce H (BoxTurtle) wrote:
On 29 Sep 2006 04:52:51 -0700, is alleged to
have written:
Thank you for your reply. Yours and the one before it were the only
ones to address my situation. (ASA will SUE me? For what? I have not
made any statements about the quality of their grading - just the fact
that I have not received my coins in the time frame advertised.)

Don't blame anyone. Some who were sued by ACG were out quite a bit of
money before they got dropped from the suit, you really can't blame
them for being a bit gun shy.

Will ACG sue you for the above post? Probably not. They are having
terrible luck trying to sue individuals for saying bad things and
they've got bigger fish to fry.

But ACG does monitor this newsgroup (Hi Clayton!) and has corrected
some of their ebay blunders mentioned here. Perhaps they'll look into
your problem and take care of it. You could also try the number for
Treasure Gallery from this auction:

http://snipurl.com/xmj5

That's ah-collectables new ebay id, and ah-collectibles = Al Hager =
ACG. They may be more inclined to answer that phone number.

Anyway, if I don't get my coins next week and/or don't hear from there
- I'm off to the post office, thank goodness, the transaction was
insured.

ALWAYS ship insured, even to the major services. Stuff happens.

Bruce (And list the contents as "precision machine tools")
ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.

Old October 1st 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

Jim Seymour wrote:
wrote:
Thanks again for the insightful info. I appreciate your educated
input. I am off to the post office tomorrow (monday) to commence the
insurance process - at this point, I think that it's a lost cause, no
phone messages returned, no e-mail acknowledgements and way past the
claimed "guaranteed 21 business day" turn around. Hopefully, will get
the value of the coins back. (I guess I will have to "eat" the grading
fee - as they have already charged my CC.) Sigh. Live and learn.
never again with these guys.

Assuming you're talking about USPS insurance:

If ASA charged your credit card, then it seems they received the coins.
Thus, *your* USPS insurance will probably get you nowhere.

The only way the USPS will get involved is if ASA shipped the slabs back
and they went missing. In which case, ASA would probably have to file
the claim.

Remember, the USPS is only insuring that the package makes it to the
destination - unless I'm way off base as to how USPS insurance works...

--
Jim Seymour

Jim, you are absolutely correct. The USPS will not get involved if ASA
Accugrade has not shipped the package of coins back to the sender. The
coins apparaently DID get to Accugrade as the sender's credit card was
already charged and the original sender has not received them back from
Accugrade.

I believe he will get them back in due time (albeit late) but that is
not anything that the sender's postal insurance addresses.

I suppose the sender could contact his credit card company and apply
for a chargeback. At least he may get his $100 back if the CC company
is convinced that the service paid for has not been performed.

I still think he'll get them back.

Alex, wait another month. That would be my advice.

Ira (one of the original Acuugrade defendents)

Old October 2nd 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

OK, I trust you guys since you have vastly more knowledge on the
subject matter than I do. Another week or so. Quick question - is
this a norm? (turnaround taking significantly longer than
advertised"guaranteed".)

thanks again for all your valuable input.

Old October 2nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, I trust you guys since you have vastly more knowledge on the
subject matter than I do. Another week or so. Quick question - is
this a norm? (turnaround taking significantly longer than
advertised"guaranteed".)

Quick answer in the form of another question - when's the last time you had
ANYTHING happen at the "guaranteed" time?

Mr. Jaggers

Old October 2nd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MR_300

Alex,
On what date was the charge run? Count 21 business days from that
date (no weekends) and that will give to the date it should ship out
from them. I have sent orders to them and that is how i determine when
the order it should be on the the way back to me. My orders are shipped
back registered insured mail which takes 3-5 days to get to me.

MR_300

Old October 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

I take it all BACK. The coins did arrive yesterday and all is well.
OK, foot in the mouth syndrome. Guess I jumped the
gun.....................I admit when I'm wrong............

Old October 4th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I take it all BACK. The coins did arrive yesterday and all is well.
OK, foot in the mouth syndrome. Guess I jumped the
gun.....................I admit when I'm wrong............

Good on you!
Now... are you happy, nay, even *delighted* with the grades you received?

How'd you go?

--
Jeff R.

Old October 5th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Hi, as far as grading (and this is NOT judging ASA in any way, just
strictly IMHO) - the grades were pretty conservative. Lower than I
expected, but again, I am FAR from an expert......

Thanks again for the input.

Jeff R. wrote:
ups.com...