Crabtree Mint

Old February 1st 04, 07:09 PM
Cmcshane

Default Crabtree Mint

I recently bought a crabtree mint product, a $1000 20 oz silver
contract bar. Can anyone tell me anything about the Crabtree mint or
about the silver contract. Can I truly go to the Crabtree Mint (
assuming it still exists) and cash it in for a thousand dollars?
Old February 1st 04, 07:49 PM
Edward McGrath

I never heard of the Crabtree Mint so I checked my MSN search engine and
I got Crabtree & Evelyn fine toiletries??? Could you provide a link to
the Crabtree Mint? Ed

Old February 1st 04, 07:51 PM
dendude

Can I truly go to the Crabtree Mint (
assuming it still exists) and cash it in for a thousand dollars?

I believe the person that handles that payment is Helen Waite, at least that's
where they told me to go. --insert smile
dd
Old February 1st 04, 08:05 PM
Jan

I think you are talking about the silver vault in which Mr. Crabtree is the
silversmith. go to:
http://www.silvervaultcharleston.com/about.htm at what....$6.23 an ounce.
your bar is worth....$124.60
could be wrong..could be right.
but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for......

Jan

om...

Old February 1st 04, 08:20 PM
MarkR

"Jan" wrote in message
. net...
I think you are talking about the silver vault in which Mr. Crabtree is

the
silversmith. go to:
http://www.silvervaultcharleston.com/about.htm at what....$6.23 an

ounce.
your bar is worth....$124.60
could be wrong..could be right.
but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for......

Jan

Yes you're right. I have one of those $100 Silver Bars that has Franklin on
it, looks just like one of the new $100 bills. Well it's only 4 ounces
which would make it worth $24.92 spot value. Just because it says $1000,
doesn't mean it is.

Mark

om...

Old February 1st 04, 10:37 PM
Scottishmoney

"note.boy" wrote in message
There are dollars other than USA ones, they may be the Honk Kong
variety. Billy

Gees, if they are from Honk Kong, they must be noisy sons o' guns.

Dave

---

Old February 2nd 04, 05:22 AM
WinWinscenario

could be wrong..could be right.
but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for......

Jan

Nah, Jan, I'm looking for an Uptown Girl.

Regards,
Tom
Old June 30th 14, 02:11 PM
maxblockm maxblockm is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmcshane View Post
I recently bought a crabtree mint product, a $1000 20 oz silver
contract bar. Can anyone tell me anything about the Crabtree mint or
about the silver contract. Can I truly go to the Crabtree Mint (
assuming it still exists) and cash it in for a thousand dollars?
You should post a picture of it if you still have it...

The Crabtree Mint of Paradise, CA apparently sold these rounds in the late 1970s early 1980s and had an unusual guarantee. It states on the obverse "100 Dollars" and "Guarantees to repurchase this ingot for no less than 100 Dollars after Dec. 25, 1986". The reverse features a balance scale, inscription above- "Two Troy Ounces", below is the mintmark "APM", ".999 Fine Silver" and "Silver Trade Unit".

An internet search for "Crabtree Mint" was unsuccessful in discovering if they are still in business. Darn.

see also http://www.thesilverxchange.com/crabtree_mint.asp
Attached Images

Last edited by maxblockm : June 30th 14 at 02:20 PM. Reason: picture not showing