Shipping A Coin From Canada

Old March 4th 04, 12:51 AM
Larry Louks

Default Shipping A Coin From Canada

Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on February 17.
Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me several days ago
via email that I should be patient and that it would arrive "in a few days."
Is this what one should expect with a coin mailed from Canada? I guess
another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held up" at the border for a
considerable period of time before it crosses over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

Old March 4th 04, 01:00 AM
Steve

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on February

17.
Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me several days ago
via email that I should be patient and that it would arrive "in a few

days."
Is this what one should expect with a coin mailed from Canada? I guess
another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held up" at the border for a
considerable period of time before it crosses over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

Shipments to me (Michigan) from Canada average 2 to 3 weeks.
Steve

Old March 4th 04, 01:12 AM
K6AZ

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:51:11 GMT, "Larry Louks" wrote:

Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on February 17.
Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me several days ago
via email that I should be patient and that it would arrive "in a few days."
Is this what one should expect with a coin mailed from Canada? I guess
another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held up" at the border for a
considerable period of time before it crosses over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

I have had small mailer and letters take over three weeks from Canada.
There is also a chance that the item could have been confiscated by
customs if no customs form was filled out, or if the package was inspected
and deemed to be dutiable and no customs form was used.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 4th 04, 01:53 AM
Harv

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on February

17.
Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me several days ago
via email that I should be patient and that it would arrive "in a few

days."
Is this what one should expect with a coin mailed from Canada? I guess
another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held up" at the border for a
considerable period of time before it crosses over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

Mail between the United States and Canada can be abysmally slow. Yes, it can
get held up in Customs. It can also get held up in Canada Post somewhere. I
shipped an eBay item (not a coin..) .. to a fellow in B.C. about a month
ago.. had AIR MAIL all over the outside of the box an the proper postage on
it. It took three weeks to get to him. He said it arrived unopened with my
original sealing tape on it, so Customs didn't dig into it.

Meanwhile, the Green Niobium / Silver Austrian 25 Euro coin that came to me
from ECI in B.C. spent a whole five days in the mail.. and others got theirs
even more quickly. I think the problem is Canada Post, not the USPS.
Occasionally it's Customs at the border, but I've heard many horror stories
from Canadians about how slow Canada Post is..

Harv

Old March 4th 04, 02:05 AM
JSTONE9352

I think the problem is Canada Post, not the USPS.
Occasionally it's Customs at the border, but I've heard many horror stories
from Canadians about how slow Canada Post is..

The Canadian postal system has had a reputation for bad service for a number of
years. Relations between the postal
union and the govt. are not good and that
is probably part of the problem. If people
are not happy with their job they usually
don't put a lot of effort into it. A few weeks
ago some Canadian postal workers refused to deliver the mail claiming the
weather was too cold to go outside.
Old March 4th 04, 02:08 AM
gogu

Ο "Steve" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on February

17.
Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me several days

ago
via email that I should be patient and that it would arrive "in a few

days."
Is this what one should expect with a coin mailed from Canada? I guess
another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held up" at the border for a
considerable period of time before it crosses over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

Shipments to me (Michigan) from Canada average 2 to 3 weeks.

!!!!
Shipments to me (Greece) from Canada average 1 week!!!
(more than 100 coins bought from Canadian sellers).
What's wrong with USA/Canadian Postal Services?!!!

--
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

Steve

Old March 4th 04, 04:09 AM
JHLMSS

i have had small packages shipped to canada take 30 days.

note: only 30 miles away by staight line.

detroit to windsor.

http://www.michsoft.com

Joseph H. Le Blanc, CCP
Old March 4th 04, 04:24 PM
Coin Saver

From: jstone9352

A few weeks ago some Canadian postal workers refused to deliver the mail

claiming the weather was too cold to go outside.

It probably was ...

8-)

Coin Saver
Old March 10th 04, 05:29 AM
A E McIntosh

"Larry Louks" wrote in

Howdy friends,

I bought a coin that the seller (in Canada) says was mailed on
February 17. Still nothing as of today's mail run. The seller told me
several days ago via email that I should be patient and that it would
arrive "in a few days." Is this what one should expect with a coin
mailed from Canada? I guess another way to put it is -- Is stuff "held
up" at the border for a considerable period of time before it crosses
over? Thanks!

Larry
'beginning to doubt'

please try to be patient with stuff from canada. i got my coins today (mar
9) and and they were mailed from toronto on feb 18.

anita, off to do that positive feedback...