Spent my first new $20 today

Old October 10th 03, 01:21 AM
TomDeLorey

Default Spent my first new $20 today

....at a barber shop in downtown Chicago. The nice lady barber had no idea that
any change was being done.
Sigh.
Tom DeLorey
TomDeLorey
..
"Standard Oil" What they use to keep the grading standards slippery!
Old October 10th 03, 09:31 AM
David Rivera Alonso

Dear friends,

I'm very interested in getting a new UNC 20$ colourful note.
I will swap for 40 assorted UNC world banknotes (all different).

Anyone interested?

DAVID

TomDeLorey wrote:
...at a barber shop in downtown Chicago. The nice lady barber had no idea that
any change was being done.
Sigh.
Tom DeLorey
TomDeLorey
.
"Standard Oil" What they use to keep the grading standards slippery!

Old October 11th 03, 12:43 PM
Edward McGrath

Tom did you see the colorized $20 bill commercial on tv yet? that
commercial was created to inform people like your lady barber. Ed

Old October 12th 03, 12:34 AM
TomDeLorey

Haven't seen it. Television is so crappy today, if the ad isn't on a Cubbies
game, ANY hockey game or the weather channel I ain't gonna see it.....
Tom
..
Subject: Spent my first new $20 today
From: (Edward McGrath)
Date: 10/11/2003 6:43 AM Central Daylight Time

Old October 12th 03, 07:01 AM
Owen Linzmayer

I live in San Francisco, which has a Federal Reserve Bank, so I was able to
get new $20s from Wells Fargo ATM just one day after they were introduced.

I spent a bunch of them to see merchants' reactions. Many had never heard of
them either, and of those that had, I was the first customer to spend one at
their shop. Most people like the new redesign, but as a world banknote
collector, I think it's pathetic. Looks washed out, as if place in washing
machine with brand new blue jeans. And on the back, the little yellow "20"
look like they are bugs swarming the White House.

Old October 12th 03, 05:28 PM
Padraic Brown

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:01:35 -0700, Owen Linzmayer
wrote:

Most people like the new redesign, but as a world banknote
collector, I think it's pathetic.

While solid looking, US currency has been artistically sterile since
they reduced the size. I've seen few notes, US or otherwise, that can
compare to some of the work on US large sized currency.

Looks washed out, as if place in washing
machine with brand new blue jeans.

Ah well, that's all part of the plan. The things will look ratty and
worn out in a couple years anyway. This way, we won't have to be
disappointed later.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old October 16th 03, 08:30 AM
Alaska Larry

anyone have any extra of the new twenties they want to sell? I have
about 150 bill acceptors to reprogram, I have the new program but no
twenties to test with. the banks up here say they won't be able to get
any until december and i would like to have all the programing done when
the hit. I would like to buy at least $100.00 if any of you nice people
have any.
If anyone will do this just let me know and we can work out payment.
Thanks
Alaska Larry

TomDeLorey wrote:
SNIP

Great success today! Beat Kunz Autographs 0 December 21st 04 01:59 PM
One success today Beat Kunz Autographs 0 November 4th 04 11:01 AM
In Person Successes Today! 10/30/04 (Buffy) CraigAK62 Autographs 3 November 1st 04 06:24 PM
BRONZE AGE X-MEN COMICS CLOSING TODAY! W. R. Collectibles General 0 February 5th 04 12:41 PM
BRONZE AGE X-MEN COMICS CLOSING TODAY! W. R. Collectibles General 0 February 5th 04 12:40 PM