travel companion

Old June 30th 04, 04:00 PM
picco

Default travel companion

Hi,

I'm looking for a female traveling companion to just drive around and visit
used book stores in the northeast. I'm from CT, male, 45. I'm a good
conversationist and good listener. I love to visit used book stores and
want to make some longer trips out, but it's sort of lonely to go by
oneself. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Jeff

Old July 1st 04, 09:17 AM
Diane

"picco" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a female traveling companion to just drive around and

visit
used book stores in the northeast. I'm from CT, male, 45. I'm a good
conversationist and good listener. I love to visit used book stores and
want to make some longer trips out, but it's sort of lonely to go by
oneself. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

You sound great, the type of man I've been looking for. It's such a shame
all you want to do is drive around old book stores and have a chat, as I
like being constantly pestered for sex.
Good luck with your search Jeff.

Best regards
Sarc Asm

Old July 1st 04, 04:58 PM
Diane

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Diane" wrote in message

"picco" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking for a female traveling companion to just drive around and

visit
used book stores in the northeast. I'm from CT, male, 45. I'm a good
conversationist and good listener. I love to visit used book stores

and
want to make some longer trips out, but it's sort of lonely to go by
oneself. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

You sound great, the type of man I've been looking for. It's such a

shame
all you want to do is drive around old book stores and have a chat, as I
like being constantly pestered for sex.
Good luck with your search Jeff.

Best regards
Sarc Asm

Your missing your chance there Diane.

The North East! Newscastle! You might even run into Sid the Sexist!*

And Jeffs from CT too - Cleethorpes !

What more could you possibly want?

michael adams

If Jeff had said Cleethorpes I would have been on the first train up

there, Cleethorpes, Cleethorpes, just the name gets me hot.

Cleethorpes
Cleethorpes
Cleethorpes
Cleethorpes
Jeff
Cleethorpes
Cleethorpes
ooooooohhhhhhhhh

Diaaaannnne

Old July 1st 04, 06:06 PM
picco

Hi Diane and Michael,

I'm happy to be able to generate such excitement from all. I should have
said Connecticut, US. I take it most people are from UK here. Well, this is
NEW England here. We have Manchester, where I am, Windsor etc. But to my
knowledge no Cleethorpes, though from what I can see, it sounds like a
wonderful seaside resort.

Did some driving around by myself here. Went to a bookshop in Coventry
(don't get excited, CT, US again :-) but the place is closed, as many
places locally are, because of the internet. Sort of depressing. Price of
getting old is that everyone is out of business or died.

Sorry for the post if it annoyed anyone. I'll just wander off by myself as I
have been. I'll just go gently into the good night now.

jeff

Old July 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
Art Layton

"picco" wrote in message news:4uXEc.17$4Z3.0@lakeread02...
Hi Diane and Michael,

I'm happy to be able to generate such excitement from all. I should have
said Connecticut, US. I take it most people are from UK here. Well, this is
NEW England here. We have Manchester, where I am, Windsor etc. But to my
knowledge no Cleethorpes, though from what I can see, it sounds like a
wonderful seaside resort.

Did some driving around by myself here. Went to a bookshop in Coventry
(don't get excited, CT, US again :-) but the place is closed, as many
places locally are, because of the internet. Sort of depressing. Price of
getting old is that everyone is out of business or died.

Sorry for the post if it annoyed anyone. I'll just wander off by myself as I
have been. I'll just go gently into the good night now.

jeff

Jeff; your posting didn't offend anyone. We all need to be reminded
not to take ourselves so seriously. Thanks for the posting.

Art Layton
Stamford CT
Old July 2nd 04, 03:11 AM
Francis A. Miniter

picco wrote:

Hi Diane and Michael,

I'm happy to be able to generate such excitement from all. I should have
said Connecticut, US. I take it most people are from UK here. Well, this is
NEW England here. We have Manchester, where I am, Windsor etc. But to my
knowledge no Cleethorpes, though from what I can see, it sounds like a
wonderful seaside resort.

Did some driving around by myself here. Went to a bookshop in Coventry
(don't get excited, CT, US again :-) but the place is closed, as many
places locally are, because of the internet. Sort of depressing. Price of
getting old is that everyone is out of business or died.

Sorry for the post if it annoyed anyone. I'll just wander off by myself as I
have been. I'll just go gently into the good night now.

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Don't forget the rambling bookstore in the old mill building
at the intersection of Center St. and West Middle Tpke. in
Manchester (Connecticut, that is) or the compact little one
on Main Street in Plainville - Books and Birds, I think it
is called. Best of all, though, are the tag sales. See the
classified pages of the Courant. I will probably grab a
book at the same time you do at one of them. Then there are
the library book sales - see booksalefinder.com.

Francis A. Miniter
also of Connecticut

Old July 2nd 04, 04:04 AM
picco

Hi Art,

Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I feel depressed and overwhelmed by
melancholy, it seems. It's nice to know there are people from CT on this
site. Perhaps I took it a bit too seriously. Just caught me at a bad time
in my life.

Jeff

"Art Layton" wrote in message
om...

Old July 2nd 04, 04:14 AM
picco

Hi Francis,

Birds & Books, in Manchester, has gone out of business. In fact, the last
day was the past Sunday. They will pack up all the stuff they can't get rid
off and sell at auction. Of course, Gil pulled some stuff and will continue
to maintain his web site. I've known Gil over 25 years now, went to his
shop in the old factory behind Gambino's place in Coventry. Gil said that
the internet is killing his business, much less foot traffic in store now.

The one in Plainville, do you mean the Book Exchange? That one moved now to
another location, still in same town. But the prices are completely
ridiculous. I can never find anything there.

Speaking of prices, I think the internet has a much more profound effect
over the entire used book business than I originally thought.

I'll be heading up to Mass tomorrow.

jeff