Experience w/Hot"Guaranteed" Packs

Old January 28th 05, 01:24 AM
HELEN TURCI

Default Experience w/Hot"Guaranteed" Packs

Hey all, I was looking to get some feedback on peoples experience with
sellers who sell these "guaranteed" packs that have autos, game used etc.
There are certain sellers on EBay who specialize in selling these type of
packs and I've found at least a few that I believe are flat out crooks. This
is just my theory but I beleive some of these characters go online, to
shows, newsgroups etc and buy up all the common autos, patches, games used
from a certain product. They then carefully open packs of the specific
product and insert the common inserts and reseal the packs. People pay a
premium for that chance to pull a high end card when in fact they have
absoluely no shot because the sellers knows exactly what cards hes putting
back into the packs. I'm following 2 particular sellers on Ebay right now. I
haven't had one single person tell me that they pulled anything other than a
common player from thier packs. I even heard from an Ebayer who acknowledged
that he posted misleading feedback for a seller who now uses that feedback
in his auctions, feedback that claims that high end cards were pulled. I
would like to build a case against these guys and put them out of business.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your time, Bryan

Old January 28th 05, 05:44 AM
Jerry

HELEN TURCI wrote:
[...]

WOW Where do I start???You make some good points..I think I know what
seller you are talking about when it comes to their feedback...I think
you are referring to the seller who has the feedback"Pulled a Lebron
auotgrapeh twice etc" Yeah right!!! Something to that effect..
These guys are not "crooks" as you state but they are pack
"searchers',,Most of the stuff they are selling is stuff that is 1 in
24 retail stuff and in there listing they state"contains auto OR jersey
card"..It will NEVER contain an autograph as they state..there is a
distinct difference in the way these pack "feel" to them..They know
damn well that they DONT contain an autograph..I in fact emailed one
of these sellers before and got some lame response..

I think it would be next to IMPOSSIBLE to put these guys out of
buisness as you say..Just dont buy there **** they sell.. There will
always be some idiots stupid enough to think they can pull a Lebron
auto or other High end stuff..It aint gonna happen.. these guys know
there stuff is crap thats why they dont open the packs themselves...

If you were to email ALL of the guys Buyers and ask what they pulled
you would get 100 percent saying they got **** common cards not worth
the cardboard they are printed on..

I am in favor of getting them ALL out of buisness but we dont stand a
chance in doing it
My 2 cents