"In The Mail" Thursday 5/27/04

Old May 27th 04, 09:10 PM
Kenneth465

Default "In The Mail" Thursday 5/27/04

Opening the mail provided some great fun today. One RTS and a pretty much
expected failure along with one non sports success that I am going to enjoy a
great deal.

But first the return to sender I got today was from:

J.C. Wilson - retired football ???? any ideas ????
410 71st Street
Capitol Heights, Md 20743-2214
stamped: attempted not known

and then the failure was from

Rod Gilbert - retired new york ranger
1623 3rd Avenue: Apt 41A
New York, NY 10128-3646
His reason for not signing is that the team does not permit (he is still
employed by them) him to sign for anyone except charities. Now I understand
they all have the right to sign or not to sign and I respect Mr. Gilbert's
decision not to sign. Dissappointed yes, but oh well. But to blame it on a
team policy that is not followed by others, because I have received successes
from other front office folks is offensive. If ya don't wanna sign just say I
don't sign. I will go away quietly.

But the successes were enough to offset those failures and the one I really
enjoyed today came from

SINGER

Leslie Uggams (the voice of an angel)
C/o Marquis Theatre
New York, NY 10036
sent 5/13/04
received 5/27/04
she sent a signed playbill, she signed my index cardc and signed and inscribed
an 8x10 bw photo

and then of course the sports succeses:

HOCKEY

Mark Johnson - New Jersey Devils
1440 Monroe Street
Madison, WI 53711
SENT 5/18/04
received 5/27/04
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Mike Zuke - St. Louis Blues
430 Norman Gale Drive
Ballwin, Mo 63011-2440
sent 5/8/04
received 5/27/04
rec'd 2 index cards signed

BASEBALL

Bob Adams - detroit tigers
31713 157TH Street E
Liano, Ca 93544-1222
SENT 4/29/04
RECEIVED 5/27/04
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Bill Voss - chicago white sox
10625 E Oak Creek Trail
Cornvill, AZ 86325
SENT 5/18/04
RECEIVED 5/27/04
received 2 index cards

and how was your mail day?

til next time....
hope all your mailboxes are full
see ya
ken
Old May 28th 04, 12:01 AM
Junior010873

and then the failure was from

Rod Gilbert - retired new york ranger
1623 3rd Avenue: Apt 41A
New York, NY 10128-3646
His reason for not signing is that the team does not permit (he is still
employed by them) him to sign for anyone except charities. Now I understand
they all have the right to sign or not to sign and I respect Mr. Gilbert's
decision not to sign. Dissappointed yes, but oh well. But to blame it on a
team policy that is not followed by others, because I have received successes
from other front office folks is offensive. If ya don't wanna sign just say
don't sign. I will go away quietly.

Excellent point. I recently had a success with Don Maloney, who is the
Assistant GM for the team and he did not mention any such policy.

Wish you luck in the future-
J.R.
Old May 29th 04, 05:04 AM
Junior010873

I got the same letter today from him. Oh well, at least I got my SASE and card
back.

J.R.