USPS - New Rates Increase

Old July 14th 17, 08:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default USPS - New Rates Increase

On Aug. 20 USPS will raise rates of international priority mail and
international surface air lift.

Both services are popular with e-commerce mailers. It is a second and
unexpected price increase mid-year.

http://www.linns.com/news/postal-upd...-services.html

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old July 15th 17, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul[_2_]

Victor Manta a exprimé avec précision :
On Aug. 20 USPS will raise rates of international priority mail and
international surface air lift.

Both services are popular with e-commerce mailers. It is a second and
unexpected price increase mid-year.

http://www.linns.com/news/postal-upd...-services.html

Victor Manta, PWO

Hello,

yes but US rates will certainly be lower then rates to send a letter
from France tu USA: to day for a letter of 20g only 1.3 ¤ (nearly 1.4 $
US)

Have a nice Sunday.

JP

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger , fruit par wanadoo
et supprimer .invalid; to send me directly a mail replace anti with

Old July 15th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Droger Jean-Paul" wrote in message

Victor Manta a exprimé avec précision :
On Aug. 20 USPS will raise rates of international priority mail and
international surface air lift.

Both services are popular with e-commerce mailers. It is a second and
unexpected price increase mid-year.

http://www.linns.com/news/postal-upd...-services.html

Victor Manta, PWO

Hello,

yes but US rates will certainly be lower then rates to send a letter
from France tu USA: to day for a letter of 20g only 1.3 ¤ (nearly 1.4 $
US)

Well, well, Jean-Paul, the French stamp collectors could maybe ask La Poste
to decrease its postal rates, giving them as a good example the USPS.

Amicalement,

Victor

Old July 16th 17, 03:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

"Victor Manta" :

Well, well, Jean-Paul, the French stamp collectors could maybe ask La
Poste to decrease its postal rates, giving them as a good example the
USPS.

Amicalement,

Victor

He he !
Good advice Victor,

Nevertheless I remember that the German postal rates were higher than ours
in France
It may have change as in the recent years, La Poste increased considerably
the basic postal rates (less than

Old July 16th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

"Victor Manta" :

Well, well, Jean-Paul, the French stamp collectors could maybe ask La
Poste to decrease its postal rates, giving them as a good example the
USPS.

Amicalement,

Victor

He he !

Good advice Victor,

Nevertheless I remember that the German postal rates were higher
than ours in France

It may have changed as in the recent years, La Poste increased
considerably
its basic postal rates (letter under 20 g)

--
All the best, Pierre Courtiade

Old July 16th 17, 09:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message

"Victor Manta" :

Well, well, Jean-Paul, the French stamp collectors could maybe ask La
Poste to decrease its postal rates, giving them as a good example the
USPS.

He he !

Good advice Victor,

Nevertheless I remember that the German postal rates were higher
than ours in France

It may have changed as in the recent years, La Poste increased
considerably its basic postal rates (letter under 20 g)

Believe me or not, Pierre, but the price for a Standardbrief International
to be sent to USA through Die Deutsche Post (DP) is 0.90 EUR.

Jean-Paul wrote that the same costs 1.3 EUR when sent through La Poste.
That's 40% more...

For the times they are a-changin'.

If I remember well, DP increased its postal rates just one time in the last
about 15 years, that means since it was privatized.

Amicalement,

Victor

Old July 17th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 16:38:48 -0400, "Victor Manta"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

[...]

Well, the USPS is in the middle muddle at exactly
1 Euro for a minimum letter.

---

Old July 19th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

Well, the USPS is in the middle muddle at exactly
1 Euro for a minimum letter.

One Eur at USPS is somewhere between 0.90 Eur at the Deutsche Post (DP) and
1.3 Eur at La Poste indeed but it's not so favorable anymore, because:

- the USPS rates will increase soon

- the volume of mail is much higher inside the US, which should drive the
rates down.

This makes the privatized German PO the true postal rates champion and an
example to follow for others. AFAIK the DP service is good.

Victor

Old July 20th 17, 03:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:27:54 -0400, "Victor Manta"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
.. .

Well, the USPS is in the middle muddle at exactly
1 Euro for a minimum letter.

One Eur at USPS is somewhere between 0.90 Eur at the Deutsche Post (DP) and
1.3 Eur at La Poste indeed but it's not so favorable anymore, because:

- the USPS rates will increase soon

- the volume of mail is much higher inside the US, which should drive the
rates down.

This makes the privatized German PO the true postal rates champion and an
example to follow for others. AFAIK the DP service is good.

Victor

The USPS is wasting too much money with erratic processing. Thus
they need to 'compensate; by raising prices to discourage 'personal
use' of the system. such use has been deemed 'inefficient'.

As an example, after a 17 day 'hold' in the international processing
center south of San Francisco, my tracked mail went up to Seattle,
waited a day, went to Federal Way [about 15 miles] and waited a day,
went to Tacoma [another 10 miles] and waited a day, then was sent to
a small coastal community, not mine! It then waited another day,
went back to Tacoma, waited two days and finally came out to our
hamlet where the USPS offers 'service' for 4 hours a day and NO
delivery.

Its all the extra handling that's requiring the increases as
'personal use' is not pre barcoded, pre zip bundled and is an
annoyance to many of the workers in the processing centers.

---