Review: Pilot Prera fp

Old April 23rd 08, 11:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Review: Pilot Prera fp

Specs:

Length capped: 4.7 inches
Length uncapped: 4.25 inches
Length posted: 5.4 inches
Diameter: .5 inch, narrows at the section to 3/8 inch
Weight: 0.5 oz.
Optional converter.
One cartridge supplied.

For those who like to match their pens to their inks, the Soft Blue I bought
is leaning toward turquoise, lighter than Noodler's Britannia's Blue Waves.
It's attractive with its silver-toned trim. The clip is on the stiff side
and is best for thinner fabrics such as a dress shirt rather than a thick
fabric like corduroy.

Shorter than the Ecrino, it is still comfortable for me to write with the
cap unposted as I prefer. The nib is Fine and writes smoothly with
consistant ink flow and good start-up. I'm not in the habit of laying down a
fp uncapped so can't say how well it starts after lying out that way for a
while. There's a bit of spring to the nib which adds to the comfortable
writing and the line varies only slightly as pressure changes, not enough,
IMO, to call it a semi-flex nib. The balance is great as may be expected of
a Pilot pen.

Available in Ivory, Slate Gray, Royal Blue, Soft Blue, Vivid Pink, and Lime
Green, at $40 or less, this is an excellent pen for people who need a
conservative look as well as those who want fun colors. I think it rivals
the Waterman Phileas that serves so well as a starter pen or gift or extra
pen for those who like fine, low-cost, user pens.

The bottom line is that I like it. I like it! I REALLY like it!

I'm trying to figure out what other color(s) I should get .

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old April 24th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

* Bluesea wrote:

The bottom line is that I like it. I like it! I REALLY like it!

I'm trying to figure out what other color(s) I should get .

Thanks for the review. I've read on fpn that the prera's are the same as
the pilot 78g's on the inside.

I've had my eye on a ivory prera for a while now.

matthew
ohio
Old April 24th 08, 10:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"MatthewK" wrote in message
* Bluesea wrote:

The bottom line is that I like it. I like it! I REALLY like it!

I'm trying to figure out what other color(s) I should get .

Thanks for the review. I've read on fpn that the prera's are the same as
the pilot 78g's on the inside.

I've had my eye on a ivory prera for a while now.

You're welcome.

I decided that I like it enough to order all the other colors except the
Slate Gray. I figure that I'll put Noodler's Seminole Sepia in the Ivory,
Baystate Blue in the Royal Blue, Rachmaninov in the Vivid Pink, and J.
Herbin's Vert Pre in the Lime Green.

Or, Rachmaninov in the Soft Blue, Britannia's Blue Waves in the Vivid Pink,
Sepia in the Lime Green, Vert Pre in the Royal Blue, and Baystate Blue in
the Lime Green.

Or...

Maybe I'll get a dark green ink plus the Slate Gray to put it in.

HA-HA-Ha-ha-ha...wild maniacal laughter fading in the distance.

Old April 30th 08, 11:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Tiro Verus[_2_]

Bluesea wrote:
Available in Ivory, Slate Gray, Royal Blue, Soft Blue, Vivid Pink, and Lime
Green, at $40 or less, this is an excellent pen for people who need a
conservative.

This looks really good. (Although one young relative of mine favors
Lilac. ) Thanks.
Old May 1st 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"Tiro Verus" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Bluesea wrote:
Available in Ivory, Slate Gray, Royal Blue, Soft Blue, Vivid Pink, and
Lime
Green, at $40 or less, this is an excellent pen for people who need a
conservative.

This looks really good. (Although one young relative of mine favors
Lilac. ) Thanks.

Waterman Ici Et La medium fountain pen in Sweet Lilac for $45.50:
http://www.kingpen.net/ge_item_view....bclass=1 15IE.

The ballpoint version is $49 and accepts Waterman bp or rb refills plus the
Pilot G2 gel refills:
http://www.kingpen.net/ge_item_view....bclass=1 15IE.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

M.SUNDIN seasson review review ft Jean-Marie Béland Hockey 0 December 15th 07 07:19 PM
Pilot Elite "Big Cap" FP F/S Speebob Pens & Pencils 0 September 13th 04 01:51 AM
Pilot Demo FP Speebob Pens & Pencils 0 April 8th 04 02:41 AM
Little Pilot Birdies F/S Speebob Pens & Pencils 1 February 28th 04 06:24 PM
My Pilot is a Pig...really Speebob Pens & Pencils 2 February 28th 04 05:54 PM