Posting images of used covers.

Old September 29th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
TL

Default Posting images of used covers.

In reference to the post by Rodney, May 19 - quote:
What would be de rigueur for posting
images of covers with names and addresses shown?

always cover names and addresses?
after 10 years OK? 20? 50?
Thanks

Rodney,
Two things of interest to report with regards to posting covers as
is.
One: I posted for sale on eBay some old QSL cards. One mailed from
Texas 50 years ago from a ham radio operator to a friend and fellow
radio operator. The guy who mailed the card was now in his seventies
and was thrilled to have the card back as a memento of his now
departed friend. The card actually had a photo of himself as a youth.

The 2nd thing of interest but not quite related to this discussion was
the time I was going to post some pre-philatelic letters/legal
documents that were all sent to a sheriff in a NY State county around
1850s. I contacted someone in that local county government to tell
them that items of historical value were going up for auction. The
individual who answered really had his knickers in a twist and
threatened to replevin the letters. I wished him good luck.
http://picasaweb.google.com/pterable...37594329413234
TL
Old September 29th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Interesting Tom,
I find it interesting one can no longer assume people's responses,
(or even if you ever could)
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the assistance of a young man
groaning and lying in the street outside a football ground.
I was abused by a group of 3 men, and chased, barely making
it to my car, and escaping, I am sure with my life.

I advise my son now, if in a challenging situation,
to just belt for it.
In the old days you may escape with dented pride and a blood nose,
but not any more.

Super covers by the way !

"TL"

Old September 29th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:58:29 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

Interesting Tom,
I find it interesting one can no longer assume people's responses,
(or even if you ever could)
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the assistance of a young man
groaning and lying in the street outside a football ground.
I was abused by a group of 3 men, and chased, barely making
it to my car, and escaping, I am sure with my life.

Actually, that's somewhat of a scam that some idiots are running on
good people lately. Truly sux, because some of us do have a heart.