Rockola 1426 mech motor drive belt installation

Old February 10th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Rockola 1426 mech motor drive belt installation

Hi group,
Spent several hours this morning trying to install a new belt for my
friend's Rockola 1426 juke. I bought a new one from one of the big
parts suppliers, and e-mailed them a couple of times today before
posting here. Here's the problem:
I pulled the pulley off the main mech motor, and looped the new belt
around the other pulley and attempted to "slide" the other pulley back
on to the motor shaft with the new belt around the two pulleys.
With the new belt attached to each of the pulleys, I can't get the
motor shaft pulley to slide over far enough to go back onto the shaft
of the motor. My e-mails to the parts supply company confirmed this was
the proper belt for the 1426. While they let me know they have sold
thousands of belts over the years (with just a few people reporting
theirs was too small), I still do not know what to do to get the belt
to reach over far enough to go between the two pulley wheels. I did
consult the manual, but could find nothing covering this.
Can I somehow "stretch" the new belt a bit so it will work? Or am I
just not going about this in the proper manner? If not, what am I not
doing correctly? Both ends (pulleys) the belt goes around seem to be
fixed. I have not seen an adjustable end that rocks or pivots, like
I've seen on some cars for alternators. Has anyone ever had this
trouble before? What can I do to get the belt on? Thanks, Rob

Old February 10th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The "power motor" is secured to the mechanism mounting plate by two screw
studs accessible from the top of the mechanism mounting plate. I don't
remember for sure, but I believe you have to access these through the record
stack. You can loosen the two screws a few turns, and then back out the
machine screw that bears against the side of the metal bracket on the top of
the motor. The screw is accessible from the bottom side of the mechanism
mounting plate. Once you've installed the new belt then use the machine screw
to tension the belt, and lock the motor in place with the two mounting studs.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old February 11th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Rob, no self respecting designer would make something like you describe
with no adjustments. My recollection is that the motor AND pulley can
be slid back and forth for adjustment. Wes

Old February 11th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Old February 11th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Thanks Wes....Tony went into a pretty detailed explanation of how to go
about it. I only wish I could have gotten as good as a reply when I
asked Steve and Denny. Oh well, live and learn, I guess.
Troubleshooting never was my greatest asset. I just couldn't "see" how
the adjustment was to be done until Tony told me about going through
the top side, under the tray stack. Now it does make more sense. Thanks
to both of you who took the time to answer. I really appreciate it, Rob

Old February 12th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Remember Steve and Denny are in the parts business. Wes