What's with fairly recent Modern Library prices?

Old July 14th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

Default What's with fairly recent Modern Library prices?

reposter wrote:

Before the reposted material was posted, the Current Views Column
of my Newsreader was filled with posts with the following thread
titles.

[snip]
Now it isn't.

The problem is that your repostings show up on my newsreader as new
postings in threads I've been following. I open the thread, expecting to
find new material, and there's none there. I do it a dozen times and I
begin to get a bit weary...

Also, your idea doesn't really solve the problem. Unless (as you
apparently have) they have a newsreader that allows them to view the
latest postings, as opposed to the default setting by thread, the first
thing most people accessing this group are going to see will still be
the offensive postings.

To clear your newsreader of offensive threads, why not check the "ignore
thread" option, and they'll just disappear?

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com
Old July 14th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
fundog

"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote in message

To clear your newsreader of offensive threads, why not check the "ignore
thread" option, and they'll just disappear?

Physician, heal thyself.

Old July 14th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
my-wings

"reposter" wrote in message

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:31:57 +0100, "reposter"
wrote:

Reposted so as to help clear some of the rubbish from the
listings and cache, which may otherwise deter casual readers

You don't have a ****ing clue as to how Usenet works, do you?

Before the reposted material was posted, the Current Views Column
of my Newsreader was filled with posts with the following thread
titles.

I WANT TO -F U C K- someone IN THE A S S ! ! !
F U C K Y O U A L L ! ! ! ! !
Why does everyone hate me???
I'm going to kill myself!!!
I WANT TO DIE ! ! !
I want to do porn!!!

These are more than enough to dissuade any casual readers from wanting
to read any more

Now it isn't.

I can only assume that you yourself are an imposter, adopting the
identity of a regular poster on this NewsGroup, simply in order to
adopt an abusive tone and cause even more dissention on this group.

I think you were trying to be helpful, but the result was only annoying, not
to mention a violation of copyright law. (The reason it's OK to repost
others words on Usenet under most circumstances is because you're adding
commentary, which is permitted under the Fair Use doctrine.)

Everyone here has already read everything you reposted within the last few
days and opening post after post of old stuff with no new material was not
an improvement. At least with the junk posts, I didn't have to bother
opening them at all.

The way to improve the overall quality of what you see in this newsgroup is
to add new posts on book-collecting related topics. Do you have any comments
or questions on book collecting?

Alice

--
Book collecting terms illustrated. Occasional books for sale.
http://www.mywingsbooks.com/

Old July 14th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"reposter" wrote in message

These are more than enough to dissuade any casual readers from wanting
to read any more

Now it isn't.

I can only assume that you yourself are an imposter, adopting the
identity of a regular poster on this NewsGroup, simply in order to
adopt an abusive tone and cause even more dissention on this group.

Warning: please try not to antagonise or openly confront the imposters,

I'm sorry, I just can't help myself this morning. I'm going to open
confront you (an imposter). Just who are you, anyway?
If you're a legitimate member of this group, why are you hiding
your identity?

Accusing R. Totale of being the problem, shows your motive.

Kris

Old July 14th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kirby Edwards

quit polluting the newsgroup.....****head

"reposter" wrote in message

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:20:59 +0100, "reposter"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Reposted so as to help clear some of the rubbish from the
listings and cache, which may otherwise deter casual readers

You don't have a ****ing clue as to how Usenet works, do you?

Before the reposted material was posted, the Current Views Column
of my Newsreader was filled with posts with the following thread
titles....

Now it isn't.

How nice for you. You really =don't= have a ****ing clue as to how
Usenet works, do you?

I can only assume that you yourself are an imposter, adopting the
identity of a regular poster on this NewsGroup, simply in order to
adopt an abusive tone and cause even more dissention on this group.

Warning: please try not to antagonise or openly confront the imposters,
trolls, spammers, or other malcontents infecting this NewsGroup at the
present time - or otherwise openly discuss the issues involved. As this
only gives such people the recognition they so desperately crave. Or
if, despite this, the temptation is still too great, then please remove
all crosspostings and check any follow-ups which may have been set
before replying. As this at least should prevent too many other
malcontents from being drawn in.
Thank you.

Old July 14th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob

my-wings wrote:

I think you were trying to be helpful, but the result was only annoying, not
to mention a violation of copyright law. (The reason it's OK to repost
others words on Usenet under most circumstances is because you're adding
commentary, which is permitted under the Fair Use doctrine.)

Violation of copyright - give me a ****ing break!
Maybe I'll sue Google News for making big bucks of all my old posts -
that'll show 'em!
Nevertheless, reposter is proving to be an annoying idiot - kinda like
Yammy!

Old July 14th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob

"reposter" wrote in message

These are more than enough to dissuade any casual readers from wanting
to read any more

Now it isn't.

I can only assume that you yourself are an imposter, adopting the
identity of a regular poster on this NewsGroup, simply in order to
adopt an abusive tone and cause even more dissention on this group.

What, what what? (try to imagine Kyle's mom on South Park saying that)
Dissention in RCB - never - you lie like a rug!
This is a peaceful place where everyone gets along in perfect harmony.
Never a flame war or unkind word.
You must be thinking of some other group.

rec.collecting.books FAQ Hardy-Boys.net Books 0 May 9th 04 08:39 PM
Modern Library: new collector BookEditions Books 2 March 10th 04 10:50 PM
[FAQ] rec.collecting.books FAQ Mike Berro Books 0 December 26th 03 09:18 PM
Modern Library Editions mlbookie Books 2 November 25th 03 02:23 AM
Modern Library ListrServ surpasses 100 members Scot Kamins Books 0 October 23rd 03 06:57 AM