Cobra tonearm for Wurlitzer 1100 wanted

Old August 24th 10, 10:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Hyde

Default Cobra tonearm for Wurlitzer 1100 wanted

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a cobra tonearm for a Wurlitzer
1100? Needs to be complete, i.e. plastic shell and metal frame with
cartridge receptacle intact and complete. (My receptacle is broken, the
frame is bent and the plastic distorted!) Does not need to have cartridge,
tonearm rest casting or wiring to receptacle.

Many thanks,
John Hyde (UK)

Old August 25th 10, 04:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jo van Dongen[_2_]

Victory Glass Co.

Regards,
Jo van Dongen
Jukebox Gallery, Holland.

"John Hyde" schreef in bericht

Old August 25th 10, 08:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Hyde

Thanks Jo, I did see it on their web site, but they're asking nearly $200
for it and I'm guessing it's a repro. I was hoping someone might be breaking
an 1100 and have a serviceable tonearm for less than the VG price. Oh well,
guess it'll have to be Victory Glass after all...

Regards,
John.

Old August 26th 10, 01:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S

On Aug 24, 4:30*pm, "John Hyde" wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a cobra tonearm for a Wurlitzer
1100? Needs to be complete, i.e. plastic shell and metal frame with
cartridge receptacle intact and complete. (My receptacle is broken, the
frame is bent and the plastic distorted!) Does not need to have cartridge,
tonearm rest casting or wiring to receptacle.

Many thanks,
John Hyde (UK)

Is it the same Cobra tone arm used in so many Zenith record players of
that era?

Here in the states, you can often find those record players (in old
Zenith radios) at swap meets at give-away prices.

Terry.
Old August 26th 10, 04:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jo van Dongen[_2_]

John,
yes it's a reproduction.
In Holland and Belgium it's almost impossible to find an original one.
I used those arms many times, works great.
"Better to expensive as not for sale"

Those Zenith pick-up arms have a brown shell and the base is different.
I don't know if the lenght is the same.

Good weekend,

Old August 26th 10, 08:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Hyde

It's almost impossible to find one in the UK as well! I've seen a couple of
cobras from record players and, aside from the shell being green in colour
which I don't think would look good in an 1100, the attachments for the base
were different. If you've used the VG ones before and say they're OK, then,
that's the way I'm probably going to go.

Thanks for all your help,
[...]

zenith cobra needle wurlitzer 2100 Van Egdom - Thys Juke Boxes 1 September 5th 08 07:17 PM
Wanted: Wurlitzer 1100 in Grade One condition [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 December 16th 07 01:58 PM
Wurlitzer 1100 Joe Weiss Juke Boxes 0 October 27th 06 05:05 AM
wurlitzer 1100 orangeman Juke Boxes 1 June 16th 06 01:33 AM
FA: Cobra Cartridge & Parts for Wurlitzer Seeburg AMI-Rowe & NSM Jim Murphy Juke Boxes 0 December 10th 04 10:55 AM