In Search Of The Lost Chord

Old September 26th 03, 01:12 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Default In Search Of The Lost Chord

Perhaps the best album by the Moody Blues? And, is "Om" their best song?
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old September 26th 03, 11:06 AM
lennon fan

I'd rate it a tie with Threshold Of A Dream.. best song? Om is right up
there, but many other songs on that album are equally as good.

Old September 26th 03, 11:42 AM
trippin2-8track

Daniel & Kathy Gibson wrote in message ...
Perhaps the best album by the Moody Blues? And, is "Om" their best song?

Try "This is the Moody Blues"
Old September 26th 03, 04:30 PM
Dan #3

This Is A Tough Call as everything from "Lost Chord" is excellent.
To pick out any one song and narrow it down (for me) would be next to
impossible as everything from "Days Of Future past" to "Every Good Boy
Deserves Favor" (including "This Is The Moody Blues") are
"groundbreaking". At that time, nobody ever thought of "mixing" the
songs together into one long symphony of rock music. All albums from
that era (including solo efforts & the "Blue Jays" releases) are
excellent.
Dan

Old September 27th 03, 12:27 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Yes, other songs are equally good (Voices In The Sky comes to mind), but
the fade-out choir ending on Om makes the album. I always turn up the
volume as loud as possible as it fades to catch every bit.

Danno

Old September 27th 03, 02:18 PM
Malcolm Riviera

"On the Threshold of a Dream" was always my favorite.
allmusic.com ranks Every Good Boy Deserves Favour as their best, not
sure why. I just snared a mint quad copy of Threshold, which is mighty
sweet!

Old September 27th 03, 10:02 PM
lennon fan

the quad of Threshold really is a great one. Too bad there was never a
quad of Lost Chord.....but given how the Moodies are reissuing
multi-channel cds of their quad mixes, maybe Lost Chord will turn up one
of these days...who knows?
I'd like to know if the mono lp versions of both lps are fold downs of
the stereo mix or a unique mix of their own...

Old September 28th 03, 01:26 AM
trippin2-8track

"This is..." is actually a 2-record set compilation.

I've tried the individual LP's by Moodys, they became a bit too heavy
at times.

The compilation is great IMO, it has the best cuts from each LP. They
were, and are still, a great band with their own definitive style.

And yet another reason how I came up with my current username on this
NG....