1$ Silver Certificates

Old January 23rd 12, 11:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Illinois Bob

Default 1$ Silver Certificates

I just came across two pads of ten 1$ silver certificates from 1957.
The serial numbers are in order and the bundles are binded at the long
edge by that red rubber cement that used to be used on note pads. I
remember my father getting these for me in the 60's from the Michigan
National Bank of Chicago. They came in denominations of 1, 5 and 10
dollar amounts. When you wanted a bill you would tear it off and it
came out easily. Can't find anything on the web that is like
these... anyone know of them? These notes look to be uncirculated in
a plastic sleeve and still bound.
Old January 24th 12, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Benveniste

On 1/23/2012 6:38 PM, Illinois Bob wrote:

Can't find anything on the web that is like these... anyone know
of them? These notes look to be uncirculated in a plastic sleeve
and still bound.

A quick search found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTEPbGC5MU
http://www.moneypads.com/products.html

There are no doubt others. I don't think the BEP has ever sold
such pads, but as you've seen, people have been making them
in the aftermarket for a long time.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles
Old January 24th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Illinois Bob

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:00:28 -0500, Mike Benveniste
wrote:

On 1/23/2012 6:38 PM, Illinois Bob wrote:

Can't find anything on the web that is like these... anyone know
of them? These notes look to be uncirculated in a plastic sleeve
and still bound.

A quick search found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTEPbGC5MU
http://www.moneypads.com/products.html

There are no doubt others. I don't think the BEP has ever sold
such pads, but as you've seen, people have been making them
in the aftermarket for a long time.

..... I'll be damned.... thanx .... didn't know what to call it...
Old January 26th 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Illinois Bob" wrote in message
I just came across two pads of ten 1$ silver certificates from 1957.
The serial numbers are in order and the bundles are binded at the long
edge by that red rubber cement that used to be used on note pads. I
remember my father getting these for me in the 60's from the Michigan
National Bank of Chicago. They came in denominations of 1, 5 and 10
dollar amounts. When you wanted a bill you would tear it off and it
came out easily. Can't find anything on the web that is like
these... anyone know of them? These notes look to be uncirculated in
a plastic sleeve and still bound.

Back in 1976 my uncle gave me a similar pad of 5 or 10 Bicentennial $2
bills. No bag or other packaging, just the plain padded bills.

I couldn't tell if he tore them from a bigger pad or bought them that way.
Even back then you could get kits with the red gum cement to pad together
anything you wanted. He was big into gadgets and oddities, so he might
even have created them on his own. Anyway, I still have them around
somewhere.

He was a generous collector, always giving me oddball items like blank and
clipped cent planchets, the occasional 2-cent or 3-cent piece or V nickel,
even a gold Indian Head $5 piece. Too bad there weren't any crisp
Bicentennial Benjamins lying around his place, begging to be stuck together
for me in 1976!
:-D

Old January 27th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

These are still being made today

http://padofcash.com/

silver certificates JR Coins 19 February 6th 08 05:09 PM
A reminder of Silver Certificates Wes Chormicle Coins 20 April 17th 05 07:58 PM
Silver certificates fedrsrv$ Paper Money 0 September 1st 04 07:48 PM
Silver Certificates mikeyok Coins 1 July 4th 03 09:49 PM
Silver Certificates Scott Stevenson Paper Money 0 July 4th 03 09:49 PM