Anybody know of a free web-based translation service?

Old February 24th 04, 11:30 PM
Scot Kamins

Default Anybody know of a free web-based translation service?

Folks,
Andrew has been fantastic at publishing great euro websites. But several
are in German, which is beyond me.

Is there a place on the net where I can give a URL and have it
translated into English?

Thanks,

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie
Old February 24th 04, 11:34 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Scot Kamins wrote:

Folks,
Andrew has been fantastic at publishing great euro websites. But several
are in German, which is beyond me.

Is there a place on the net where I can give a URL and have it
translated into English?

Thanks,

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie

The words 'Babelfish' and AltaVista spring to mind. ;-)

Any search engine can help if you input "German to English Translation".

Alan
'Sprechen Sie?'

Old February 24th 04, 11:41 PM
Scot Kamins

GAWD what a mess I made of that!!!

In article ,
Scot Kamins wrote:

Andrew has been fantastic.

Of course, I should have said Andrew and Christian.

at publishing great euro websites

Again, I should have said at giving URLS pointing to great euro
websites.

I blame the accidents with the mouse for these slip-ups.

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie
Old February 24th 04, 11:42 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

The words 'Babelfish' and AltaVista spring to mind. ;-)

Any search engine can help if you input "German to English Translation".

Ach! Dunku vel.

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie
Old February 24th 04, 11:46 PM
Byron L. Reed

You may also wish to try:
http://www.freetranslation.com/

I like it.

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php

Old February 25th 04, 12:16 AM
Harv

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message
Folks,
Andrew has been fantastic at publishing great euro websites. But several
are in German, which is beyond me.

Is there a place on the net where I can give a URL and have it
translated into English?

Thanks,

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie

Google.com. There's a link to Translation Tools or something right near the
top of the main site's main page main thing..

Harv
R.c.c.'s Resident Oldbie..

Old February 25th 04, 12:44 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"Harv" wrote:
Google.com. There's a link to Translation Tools or something right near the
top of the main site's main page main thing..

Harv
R.c.c.'s Resident Oldbie..

Well, I'm just gobsmacked by all these. It seems that all the better
search engines have these tools built right in!

What a world.

Thanks to everybody (as usual) for all the help. Whyt can' t the outside
world be more like this?

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie
Old February 25th 04, 12:59 AM
Alan & Erin Williams

Scot Kamins wrote:

In article ,
"Harv" wrote:
Google.com. There's a link to Translation Tools or something right near the
top of the main site's main page main thing..

Harv
R.c.c.'s Resident Oldbie..

Well, I'm just gobsmacked by all these. It seems that all the better
search engines have these tools built right in!

What a world.

Thanks to everybody (as usual) for all the help. Whyt can' t the outside
world be more like this?

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie

There's an outside world? ;-)

We've been snowed in here since Thanksgiving. Today was the first day
I've seen grass in months. I had the truck out of four wheel drive!
The pile of coins on my dining room table is almost gone. I e-filed my
taxes. I got a letter from Gary Loveless (you rascal, you!). I watched
"Bob the Builder's Birthday" for the 1752nd time. I heard a rumor that
spring is less than 30 days away...

Alan
'cabin fever'

Get a 100% FREE, SIM free mobile phone Partha Pratim Pal Juke Boxes 0 September 19th 04 04:33 AM
World Coins Available Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 02:12 AM
FS: PCGS Collection Less than Grading fees<>Proof Coins 50% Off & Free $20 Coin<>Market Sizzles<> bestcoin Coins 0 October 27th 03 05:26 AM
FS: Sunday newspaper comic sections from 1977-1984 John Zimmerman General 0 September 14th 03 12:26 AM
FS: Sunday newspaper comic sections 1977-1984 John Zimmerman General 0 July 13th 03 10:48 PM