Venezuela help id

Old April 21st 11, 05:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default Venezuela help id

Dear friends,
I'm just sorting out all my Venezuela stamps and have a question regarding
Scott catalogue ids. I would like to know which is the difference between
Venezuela Scott 1238 and 1239. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Old April 22nd 11, 02:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 21, 12:40*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
Dear friends,
* I'm just sorting out all my Venezuela stamps and have a question regarding
Scott catalogue ids. I would like to know which is the difference between
Venezuela Scott 1238 and 1239. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Hello Pedro:

Here is a First Day Cover of the two to show the different designs.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201104/cijDriKxju.jpg

Happy Collecting.

Blair

Old April 22nd 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:
Dear friends,
I'm just sorting out all my Venezuela stamps and have a question regarding
Scott catalogue ids. I would like to know which is the difference between
Venezuela Scott 1238 and 1239. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Hello Pedro:

Here is a First Day Cover of the two to show the different designs.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201104/cijDriKxju.jpg

Happy Collecting.

Blair

Thank you very much Blair. The problem with Scott catalog is that it doesn't
show pictures for all the stamps in a series, and, in this case, even the
description of 1239 is somewhat vague as 1238 also shows an emblem and I
thought that perhaps there were only minor difrerences. I apprceiate very
much your help.

best wishes,
Pedro

Old April 22nd 11, 03:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 22, 9:40*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

You are most welcome, Pedro. I too have been the victim of Scotts
less than
complete listings. That is a problem when you are an All World
catalogue.
Luckily, now you can go online.and usually get an answer. I find that
EBAY is
a good source of scans of stamps. Not always great scans, but you
still get
the information.

Blair
Old April 23rd 11, 12:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Thanks again. Even the Venezuela catalog from Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla has
some omissions. I've found one series in the Scott not present in Aurelio's
catalog. I mean the Scott's numbers 128 to 135 (A25 image). Even so, I have
2 stamps of the same design as Venezuela Scott's A25 in different colors
than those stated in Scott's.

regards,
Pedro

Old April 23rd 11, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 23, 7:21*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Pedro- Hide quoted text -

Pedro:

Why not post a scan on the net for us to see.

There is a note earlier in Scott that some
stamps that were valid for postage were
re-printed later on, in different colours,
and these were used as revenues only.

Blair
..
Old April 24th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 7:21 am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

Here we go,

http://cjoint.com/?ADyrwxiI6T5

Scott lists #131 as 50c orange. This is 50c green

http://cjoint.com/?ADyrwMVOCti

and lists #128 as 5c gray vs this 5c yellow

I will post more of other unidentified Venezuelan stamps as soon as I finish
sorting my venezuela collection.

regards,
Pedro

Old April 24th 11, 07:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 7:21 am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

[...]

some more...

http://cjoint.com/?0Dyugsk5uvq

of these two, the darker one should be the one in the Scott catalog
referenced as dark blue colour

more to come...

Pedro

Old April 24th 11, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Some more...

http://cjoint.com/?0DyuaaSOBT8

Of these three, 5c should be yellow-green, 10c should be scarlet, and 25c
should be dark blue as stated in Scott

Pedro

Old April 25th 11, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 24, 2:07*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 23, 7:21 am, "Pedro" wrote:

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:

.

some more...

http://cjoint.com/?0Dyugsk5uvq

of these two, the darker one should be the one in the Scott catalog
referenced as dark blue colour

more to come...

Pedro- Hide quoted text -

scott 258 1914. Just two different shades of same number.
(scott is not specialized)