Assorted lots and therapy

Old August 1st 03, 03:17 PM
Edwin Johnston

Default Assorted lots and therapy

"Cliff" wrote in message
I work a farily high stress job for a lot of hours each day. Usually
I end the day pretty stressed and keyed up and I try to alleviate that
stress by cutting up trees with my chainsaw or shooting some of my
various rifles or pistols at a target range.
Yesterday I got a 4 pound assortment of medals, tokens and coins
(cheap too) from an ebay seller. Last night, instead of going to the
range or working outside, I emptied up that lot and went through those
tokens one by one. When I was finished I was amazed at how calm and
serene I felt. Perhaps these odd lots are really good therapy. Among
the tokens I found one with my daughters name on it and gave it to
her, got a lot of chuck e. cheese tokens and was able to fill in some
of my types and varieties, got some Coulon Leper Colony Money from the
Philippines and a lot of tax and transportation tokens. I didn't do
anything but pull out the hole fillers, gave my daughter her token and
put them all back in the bag for another evening of closer looking.
Maybe a lot of us have reached the point that when we get something
new in we look at it, ohhhh and ahhhh for a little bit and then put it
in the safe, but how often we do look through a bunch of wheaties, or
a lot of world coins and just enjoy looking?
I'd recommend it over an evening with a .45 any day.
Cliff

Yes, when sorting objects, it provides us the time to sort our feelings as
well, instead of simply blasting them.

Old August 1st 03, 04:16 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Cliff wrote:

[...]

Welcome to the wonderful world of Roll Searches, Cliff. ;-)

Nothing is as delightful to me as going through $5 of cents and finding
a BU 1971-S, or a coin that someone used a vise to shape into an
octagon. ;-)

Alan
'Lincoln Voyeur'