Short Story Collection Collectors?

Old September 8th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Short Story Collection Collectors?

On Sunday, August 26, 2001 6:07:19 PM UTC-4, Michael S. Manley wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else shares my affliction/affection for short story collections. I've been collecting single-author collections and anthologies the way some people collect CDs, and they now make up the bulk of my library. A friend's mother, who is the head librarian in a newarby town, claims that short fiction collections are the least -circulated books in their library system. In today's ever-quickening world, that seems odd.In any case, if there are others out there who would jump at the sight of a 1st ed. collected stories of Caroline Gordon, for example, in a bookstore, I'd like to know I'm not the only one.--Michael S. Manley Rain Crow Publishinghttp://rain-crow.com/Sign up for the RCP Newsletter --one subscriber each month wins a free subscription to Rain Crow magazine!

i love short story collection. i would like to suggest a great short story collection called you are not alone by Adam Haslett. i have many books mostly short story collections i particularly like southern short story writer. i find most of my short story collections by doing searches on literay awards for short stories. anybody have any suggestions of collections of stories u have read. thanks