Book Advice

Old June 30th 03, 03:14 AM
Lee Cochenour

Default Book Advice

I have some questions about an item that I have had for some time. It is
a "manuscript" for Clive Cussler's "Sahara". It is two voulmes of typed
8.5X11 pages, I guess that it was too big to do in one volume in this format.
Each Volume has been bound together very simply. The cover of the first one
has "SAHARA A Novel Clive Cussler" typed on the cover as well as "Pass for
Press 12/11/91" and then a list of 11 names. One of the names had a line
drawn from it to a handwritten "12". The second volume has "SAHARA by Clive
Cussler" typed on it and the "Vol. II" handwritten below that. The actual
text of the book is corrected in several pages, so it appears that the book
was actually edited from the original of these pages. I was given this in
1992 by the fiction book buyer of a large independent bookseller. I met
Cussler a few years later and showed it to him. He was very surprised to see
and said that it was quite a rarity. He signed the title page with "Zowie!
Clive Cussler '94".
My questions: What is the proper term for this item? Is it a maunscript,
a manuscript copy? Any ideas as to it's worth? What would be the best way for
me to find a value and to possible sell it. Thanks for your help!

Lee Cochenour
"I am Elmer J. Fudd millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht."
Check out the Celebrity Book Signings & Events site at:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8944/

Old June 30th 03, 06:32 PM
Tim Doyle

(Lee Cochenour) wrote in message ...
[...]

Sounds like a very interesting item. Others here will probably have
more concrete information (James Keeline for one, who has written an
article on Cussler for Firsts Magazine) - but I will say that Cussler
has an enormously dedicated following willing to pay in excess of
$1000 for his rarer items, and also that "Sahara" is being developed
as a motion picture which will make this title a hot item for
collectors. In fact, the valuation of your item may substantially
alter as the movie nears release, as happened with Tolkien. Good luck
with your research!

Regards, Tim

FA: 2-Days, WWI Battlefields of the Marne Book in DJ, c. 1917 fishnet531 General 0 July 6th 04 02:18 AM
FA: WWI Battlefields of the Marne Book in DJ, c. 1917 fishnet531 General 0 July 1st 04 12:45 AM
Book signing information Ted Kupczyk Autographs 6 November 2nd 03 03:04 PM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM