What book has eluded you the longest?

Old September 12th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Joe Puma

Default What book has eluded you the longest?

The Bobino wrote:
I've been searching for a copy of "The White Ribbon Boys Of Chester" by
Raymond Sperry Jr. (Stratemeyer Syndicate pseud.) since the late 80s
and it has proven extremely elusive.
I have yet to see a copy come up on eBay or any other auction site.
In fact, I have never personally examined a copy of this book and
wouldn't believe it existed if I had not seen photos of it.
--
RWF

I've been looking for The Long Green by mystery writer Bart Spicer for
a few years now. This book was his 5th Carney Wilde mystery published
by Dodd Mead, and apparently the most elusive title based on my weekly
ebay and online bookseller searches. I have yet to see this book other
than book club and paperback reprints. ABE's want list has been pretty
useless, as the one alert I received some months ago turned out to be a
book club edition. I'd even accept an ex-library for filler at this
point.

AL

Old September 22nd 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

ellery queens "strange mysteries from cape hatteras to nova
scotia"........

Save The Planet, Vote REPUBLICAN......