FA: exonumia and numislit on eBay this week ...

Old October 4th 05, 08:14 AM
Ken Barr

Default FA: exonumia and numislit on eBay this week ...

FA: exonumia and numismatic literatureclosing on eBaY this week ...

Closing tonight, Tuesday, October 4th:
Forty lots of exonumia, including two elongated cents (LA Olympics
1932 and New York World's Fair 1939), four love tokens, a bulk lot of
transportation tokens, a Merchants Exchange NY Hard Times Token,
bulk lots of CA and HI tokens, individual tokens from MI, OH, OR and
UT, a lot of maverick tokens, three lots of coal scrip (including a
Lico WV R-9 token), a lot of three Vietnam military tokens, medals
from CA, MT, ND, VA and WA, an Apollo XI medal, a U. S. Frigate
Constellation relic medal, three different So-Called Dollars, a Carter -
Reagan 1980 presidential election flipper (Vote Anderson If It Lands
On Edge ...) and seven different California coin club medals.

Closing tomorrow night, Wednesday, October 5th:
Four bulk lots of numismatic literature, primarily auction catalogs.
Each lot contains ten pounds of material on a specialized topic --
ancients, German, other European, and United States.

Results to date are pretty pitiful, with numerous lots having no
bids. The RCC family was quite helpful when this same situation
occurred last month ... if you can do so again, please bid til
it hurts (and then some!)

A complete list is available at:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d=kenbarrnumis

or search for sellerid kenbarrnumis
or click on the "eBay Listings" link on my homepage
http://www.kenbarr.com

Thanks!

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old October 4th 05, 10:50 AM
stonej

Results to date are pretty pitiful, with numerous lots having no
bids. The RCC family was quite helpful when this same situation
occurred last month ... if you can do so again, please bid til
it hurts (and then some!)

My ebay sales have been pretty disappointing lately. I think there is
a general slowdown in buying of all
kinds of collectable items on Ebay.
People seem to be spooked about the
economy in the wake of the hurricanes
and other factors and are cutting back
on their spending.

Old October 4th 05, 09:38 PM
Ken Barr

In article .com, "stonej"
wrote:

Results to date are pretty pitiful, with numerous lots having no
bids. The RCC family was quite helpful when this same situation
occurred last month ... if you can do so again, please bid til
it hurts (and then some!)

My ebay sales have been pretty disappointing lately. I think there is
a general slowdown in buying of all
kinds of collectable items on Ebay.
People seem to be spooked about the
economy in the wake of the hurricanes
and other factors and are cutting back
on their spending.

Actually, September's eBay results were quite good for me.
It was the second-best month this year in terms of gross
revenue, the best month this year in terms of sellthrough
rate, and somewhere in the middle of the pack for average
selling price.

I dunno if this week's offerings are just not of great
interest to most of my "regulars", or it has something
to do with the phase of the moon ... I've pretty much
given up on trying to figger out how eBay really works.

But at least I did get another bid this morning ...
somebody in Mizzouri trying to add to his Hard Times
Token collection ... (Thanks, Bill!).

Old October 5th 05, 08:35 AM
Ken Barr

In article , Ken Barr
wrote:

[...]

Errrm, my apologies for the premature uneasiness ... These auctions
actually end on WEDNESDAY, October 5th and THURSDAY, October 6th
respectively, and have picked up some additional bids in the past
24 hours. (I expect that they will turn out A-OK tonight/tomorrow
night, but all RCCers are still welcome to take a look and throw
in a bid or two if they wish to ...).