Trying to spend a 1 pound note in the UK

Old May 3rd 05, 10:29 PM
note.boy

I don't eat mars bars, raw or deep fried.

I've yet to come across a chippy in Scotland that does deep fried mars
bars. Billy

Darren wrote:

On Tue, 03 May 2005 10:16:38 GMT, note.boy wrote:

I don't like whisky, or porridge or football, strange for a Scottish
person.

The chippy was excellent however. Billy

How do you like your Mars Bars?

Sterotype? Me?

Old May 4th 05, 09:57 AM
Darren

On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:29:48 GMT, note.boy wrote:

I don't eat mars bars, raw or deep fried.

I've yet to come across a chippy in Scotland that does deep fried mars
bars. Billy

The myth exposed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm

Old May 4th 05, 09:59 AM
Darren

http://www.oregonl5.org/mist/mwaybar.html
Old May 4th 05, 11:14 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Darren wrote:

The myth exposed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm

Wait ... From that article: "It was locally named the Milky Way bar but
called the Mars bar in Europe."

Now that is odd. I don't like either bar, but I am sure that both "Milky
way" and "Mars" can be bought in stores here (Germany). So if I --
theoretically -- wanted a Mars candy bar in the US, I'd have to ask for
a Milky Way bar? Strrrange.

Christian
Old May 4th 05, 01:01 PM
Dik T. Winter

In article writes:
Darren wrote:

The myth exposed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm

Wait ... From that article: "It was locally named the Milky Way bar but
called the Mars bar in Europe."

Now that is odd. I don't like either bar, but I am sure that both "Milky
way" and "Mars" can be bought in stores here (Germany). So if I --
theoretically -- wanted a Mars candy bar in the US, I'd have to ask for
a Milky Way bar? Strrrange.

Yup. And if you wanted a Milky Way bar (at least, what is called such
in Europe) you have to ask for a 3 Musketeers bar in the US.

Old May 4th 05, 05:04 PM
A.E. Gelat

Mars bars were sold in the USA under that name, but are no longer
manufactured here. I checked their web site. I will look for Milky Way in
stores. Incidentally, the name of the company that makes these and other
varieties of candy is now called Mars Incorporated.. They have expanded
their activities to include pet care, main course meals, drinks,
electronics, information technology, etc. This list may explain why they
changed the name of the candy bar.

Tony

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
d...

Old May 5th 05, 12:14 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Dik T. Winter wrote:

Yup. And if you wanted a Milky Way bar (at least, what is called such
in Europe) you have to ask for a 3 Musketeers bar in the US.

Ouch. My poor teeth :-)

Christian