Victor Gollancz

Old September 16th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
krik999

Default Victor Gollancz

I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection but am
now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if there is a
complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line and came up
with very little.
Thanks
Gary

Old September 16th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
my-wings

"krik999" wrote in message
I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection but
am now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if there
is a complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line and came
up with very little.
Thanks
Gary

I've found wikipedia to be helpful in looking up authors and their works.
You might start he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Vonnegut#Bibliography
and follow the link for *Sirens of Titan* in the bibliography section. At
least according the wikipedia entries, *Sirens of Titan* doesn't seem to be
part of a series (unless you mean a series of the author's works).

Alice

Old September 17th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
michael adams

"krik999" wrote in message

I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection but

am
now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if there is

complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line and came up
with very little.
Thanks
Gary

There's a discussion of this question with links both to an incomplete
Amazon Listmania list, and links to publishers' and others websites, on
here -

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7822

michael adams

Old September 17th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Don Phillipson

"krik999" wrote in message

I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection but

am
now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if there is

complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line and came up

Gollancz published 1930-70 (select) series of SF and
detective novels in order to support his "serious" political
works. He wrote at least one autbiography and there
are likely to biographies by others.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old September 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Don Erikson

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:43:33 -0400, "krik999"
wrote:

I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection but am
now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if there is a
complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line and came up
with very little.
Thanks
Gary

The Internet Science Fiction Database has a checklist of Gollancz
books he

http://www.isfdb.org/gollancz.html
Old September 17th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jack Campin - bogus address

I just recently picked up a copy of The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
published by Victor Gollancz. I bought it for my Vonnegut collection
but am now interested in the SF series on a whole. Does anyone know if
there is a complete list of the series? I tried digging around on line
and came up with very little.

The Internet Science Fiction Database has a checklist of Gollancz
books he

http://www.isfdb.org/gollancz.html

I hope yours still had the screaming yellow dust jacket.

There must be lots of ex-library copies of the Gollancz crime and SF
series, every library in the UK/Australia/NZ subscribed to them.