Local Los Angeles TV Viewers

Old February 1st 05, 04:51 AM
Shystev99

Default Local Los Angeles TV Viewers

Hi all,
Just wanted to let all the Locals In Los Angeles and Southern Cal, That
Channel 9 (KCAL) had a report on tonight on their 8PM news about coin
collecting. Wasn't anything really Exciting but wanted to let everyone
know it MIGHT be on in the 9PM and 10PM news as well. Might even be on
Channel 2 later as well since channels 2 and 9 are the same. But thats
just a guess on my part.

Just figured I'd let all the locals know just incase they want to check
it out, If you miss it, Don't worry you didn't miss anything to
exciting. lol
Steve

Old February 1st 05, 05:03 AM
Shystev99

Shystev99 wrote:
Hi all,
Just wanted to let all the Locals In Los Angeles and Southern Cal,

That
Channel 9 (KCAL) had a report on tonight on their 8PM news about coin
collecting. Wasn't anything really Exciting but wanted to let

everyone
know it MIGHT be on in the 9PM and 10PM news as well. Might even be

on
Channel 2 later as well since channels 2 and 9 are the same. But

thats
just a guess on my part.

Just figured I'd let all the locals know just incase they want to

check
it out, If you miss it, Don't worry you didn't miss anything to
exciting. lol
Steve

If it helps, The report was on in the 2nd half of the hour long news
cast about 8:35 or so, So IF they air it later it'll probably be the
same time only 9PM or 10PM. This way hopefully you don't have to sit
through an hour of news for a 2 minute report.
Steve

Old February 1st 05, 01:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know and for trying to save us from the rest of
the news.

Old February 7th 05, 09:54 PM
Joey Jolley

Can someone enlighten me? I came in on the thread late.
oups.com...

Old February 7th 05, 10:17 PM
Shystev99

Joey Jolley wrote:
Can someone enlighten me? I came in on the thread late.

I started the thread about a week ago I think, I was just flipping
channels and stumbled onto a local news station doing a report on coin
collecting. It was designed to coincide with the release of the
California Quarter. It was nothing spectacular but figured I'd post it
for any local people who might have gotten the station and wanted to
check it out. That station usually has 3 hours of news a night and I
caught it in the first hour so passed it on.
It was mainly discussing quarters and how if you buy them you should
keep them in their original packaging if you want them to retain their
value, Keeping them in their packaging, mint bags, wrapped rolls etc.
They also showed the silver proof sets
The one thing they did show was a 1876 Quarter worth supposedly $7,500
according to the reporter. And even that was shown at a distance as he
held the slab up. They were mainly telling how to keep coins as
"Investments" more than collecting.

Like I said, You probably didn't miss anything you didn't already know
but it was one of those things that I just figured I'd pass on just
incase anyone was in the area and interested.
Steve