Important questions

Old January 11th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Important questions

Why has it been so easy to incorporate the year, IGWT, Liberty, and EPU
on the face of each First Spouse gold coin design, yet this apparently is
considered impractical on the presidential dollar coins? Doesn't the Mint
know by now that most collectors like to see the traditional year of issue
on the obverse of their coins, especially collectors who enjoy inserting
coins in albums? Otherwise, why bother putting dates on Mint-issued bullion
coins, if not to increase sales and interest? These questions are for the
gentleman there in the second row.

How might you depict the Grand Ganyon National Park in raised relief on
a quarter? The lady in the back, please.

Old January 11th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jan 10, 10:20*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
* * Why has it been so easy to incorporate the year, IGWT, Liberty, and EPU
on the face of each First Spouse gold coin design, yet this apparently is
considered impractical on the presidential dollar coins? * Doesn't the Mint
know by now that most collectors like to see the traditional year of issue
on the obverse of their coins, especially collectors who enjoy inserting
coins in albums? *Otherwise, why bother putting dates on Mint-issued bullion
coins, if not to increase sales and interest? *These questions are for the
gentleman there in the second row.

* * How might you depict the Grand Ganyon National Park in raised relief on
a quarter? *The lady in the back, please.

Go to the Monnaie de Paris (French Mint) website. They have a Grand
Canyon coin for sale. The design is not bad.

oly
Old January 11th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"oly" wrote in message
[...]

______________

I went there but couldn't find a Grand Canyon piece among the many items
they had for sale. They do offer some very attractive coins, but most were
medallic in appearance-- nothing like what I would expect to see with our
almost two-dimensional quarters.

Old January 11th 09, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
Why has it been so easy to incorporate the year, IGWT, Liberty,
and EPU on the face of each First Spouse gold coin design, yet this
apparently is considered impractical on the presidential dollar
coins? Doesn't the Mint know by now that most collectors like to
see the traditional year of issue on the obverse of their coins,
especially collectors who enjoy inserting coins in albums? Otherwise, why
bother putting dates on Mint-issued bullion coins, if
not to increase sales and interest? These questions are for the
gentleman there in the second row.

I agree, I should think that the date and mintmark could certainly be
incorporated without distress. After all, we're talking pedestrian
circulating coin design that hardly anyone pays attention to anyway. It's
often the premium commem coin designs that historically have liberties taken
with them. For example, the Missouri half dollar lacks LIBERTY, IGWT, and
EPU all, and is technically undated to boot. Even though we all know that
the coin was indeed struck in 1921, the 1921 shown on the coin is the
centennial date of Missouri statehood.

James

Old January 11th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Lorrie S." wrote in message
Wow, those are important questions. Even more important than someone
wondering where their next meal is coming from..........NEXT!

I know where my next meal is coming from. How about you? Anyone who DOES
have meal problems probably won't be playing around with a computer and
looking at these RCC posts. Got any more profound analysis to contribute
here?

Old January 11th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news
Why has it been so easy to incorporate the year, IGWT, Liberty, and EPU
on the face of each First Spouse gold coin design, yet this apparently is
considered impractical on the presidential dollar coins? Doesn't the
Mint know by now that most collectors like to see the traditional year of
issue on the obverse of their coins, especially collectors who enjoy
inserting coins in albums? Otherwise, why bother putting dates on
Mint-issued bullion coins, if not to increase sales and interest? These
questions are for the gentleman there in the second row.

How might you depict the Grand Ganyon National Park in raised relief on
a quarter? The lady in the back, please.

I'm not the lady in the back but in answer to your question, with great
difficulty. Billy

Old January 11th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jan 11, 8:29*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

[...]

I don't know if these links work, but the coin I referred to isn't
hard to find:

http://boutique.monnaiedeparis.fr/is...Boutique= B2C

UNESCO: Grand Canyon

oly
Old January 11th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Lorrie S." wrote in message
Wow, those are important questions. Even more important than someone
wondering where their next meal is coming from..........NEXT!

I know where my next meal is coming from. How about you? Anyone who DOES
have meal problems probably won't be playing around with a computer and
looking at these RCC posts. Got any more profound analysis to contribute
here?

It does not have to worry where its next meal is coming from as you are
feeding the troll, why? Billy

Old January 11th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, it worked. A nice looking piece, but far above what we might ever
expect in US quarter. Even so, it doesn't attempt to capture the immensity
of the Canyon, just a narrow ravine.

Old January 11th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Sally Crimson" wrote in message
Got any more profound analysis to contribute
here?

Yes, according to my analysis, 3 dollar gold pieces will double in value
between now and 2015.

That's more like it. Just curious though. How many have you bought so far?

Important News!!!! jmc Card discussions 0 June 14th 07 03:42 AM
OT, but important DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 1 July 15th 05 12:49 PM
Pictures are important Anita Coins 5 March 21st 05 05:24 AM
Photography is important Alan Williams Coins 4 March 7th 05 08:18 PM
IMPORTANT Hector Zapata Coins 0 November 11th 04 08:00 PM